How can I get my puppy to sleep on her dog bed?

I bought her a nice soft bed and she won't sleep on it. Everytime I put her on it she just gets off and sleeps on the floor, why?

I bought her a nice soft bed and she won't sleep on it. Everytime I put her on it she just gets off and sleeps on the floor, why?...
    Other Pet Discussions : How can I get my puppy to sleep on her dog bed?...

• How can I get my puppy to sleep on her dog bed?

How can I get my puppy to sleep on her dog bed? Other Pet Discussions
      I bought her a nice soft bed and she won't sleep on it. Everytime I put her on it she just gets off and sleeps on the floor, why?

How can I get my puppy to sleep on her dog bed? Other Pet Discussions
    • Try putting a heating pad on low heat under the pad. Also, don't use perfumes and other smell good stuff, 'cause they like their own smell. Also, get one of those metal cages. Dogs really feel relaxed in a kennel type cage. Seriously!

• It could be as simple as the floor is more comfortable for her. Or that the bed smells like the store, where as the floor smells like "home". Try either putting her bed underneath the covers of your bed and sleeping with it for a few days or washing it with you clothes. Either way puppies go with the familiar so she may never sleep in her bed or one day she just might decide that it's for her. Does her sleeping on the floor really cause any problems? If not that let it be, she'll eventually find the spot that most comfortable for her.

• She is a DOG not a person. Let her sleep on the floor if she prefers it. Don't you want the dog to be comfortable? That would seem to be the idea you had when you bought the bed. You just happened to be wrong about what is most comfortable for the dog right now. Leave the bed where it is--someday her desire may change.