What is the absolute best brand of food I can buy for my adult Lab?

He's 9 yrs old and very happy and active. I've recently switched his food to Bill-jac brand and he seems to like it alot. He's my boy and I want to make sure he has the best.Any comments?

What is the absolute best brand of food I can buy for my adult Lab?

He's 9 yrs old and very happy and active. I've recently switched his food to Bill-jac brand and he seems to like it alot. He's my boy and I want to make sure he has the best.Any comments?...
    Other Pet Discussions : What is the absolute best brand of food I can buy for my adult Lab?...

• Bill Jac is a very good brand. I know some breeders who use it.

• I don't know much about Bil Jac. The best way to tell if a food is good is to read the label. You don't want to see "by products" at all and certainly not in the first five ingredients. Personally, I prefer Nutro - no by products and reasonably priced. Science Diet is great if you need a pricey, prescription for for a medical condition.

• Royal Canin has developed a breed specific food for Labrador Retrievers. It is specifically made to take care of their coat (and underlying skin problems). It has additonal glucosamine and chondrotin (enough to be therapeutic) to help their joints deal with a heavier body. It is available at PetCo and PetSmart or your local feed store.