How much would a visit to the vet cost in Ontario Canada?

Hi, I was just wondering howmuch it would cost to take my dog to the vet. I live in Ontario, Canada and my dog is a VERY large dog, and she hasn't been to the vet in 4 years. So I was just wondering what things I might be paying for (like what shots and…

Hi, I was just wondering howmuch it would cost to take my dog to the vet. I live in Ontario, Canada and my dog is a VERY large dog, and she hasn't been to the vet in 4 years. So I was just wondering what things I might be paying for (like what shots and…...
    Other Pet Discussions : How much would a visit to the vet cost in Ontario Canada?...

• How much would a visit to the vet cost in Ontario Canada?

How much would a visit to the vet cost in Ontario Canada? Other Pet Discussions
      Hi, I was just wondering howmuch it would cost to take my dog to the vet. I live in Ontario, Canada and my dog is a VERY large dog, and she hasn't been to the vet in 4 years. So I was just wondering what things I might be paying for (like what shots and everything) and aprox. how much it would all cost. Thank you.

How much would a visit to the vet cost in Ontario Canada? Other Pet Discussions
    • Since vets have different pricing, your best bet is to contact the individual vets you think you may want to use and get their prices and compare. You will need to pay for an office visit, any tests performed (heartworm occult and fecal are likely) and whatever vaccinations and medications may be needed.

• I live in Quebec so pricing should be similar. My vet charges $39 for a visit in which he will check my dog's general health, teeth, ears, heart, liver, paws etc. This is a fix fee for all size. If on top of that you want your dog to have his shots, he will then need the annual shots + a rabies shot that would add another $80 to your bill. Don't hesitate to call around and ask for price. There are 2 vets within 5 miles of me and they have significant differences in their fees.