How can I convince my husband that cats are not disgusting?

He likes dogs but not cats because he fully believes that cats carry more diseases than any other pet and that it's not healthy to have one around. Ofcourse I disagree with him because I had both cats and dogs growing up and didn't have problems with…

How can I convince my husband that cats are not disgusting?

He likes dogs but not cats because he fully believes that cats carry more diseases than any other pet and that it's not healthy to have one around. Ofcourse I disagree with him because I had both cats and dogs growing up and didn't have problems with…...
    Other Pet Discussions : How can I convince my husband that cats are not disgusting?...

• I'm not comparing cats and dogs but cats are very clean animals and try to keep themsleves clean by continous grooming (licking their fur), rubbing against surfaces to get rid of old fur hair, and always covering their feces with either mud or kitty litter...like we flush our toilets after going.

• Cats are not disguisting, they are cleaner than any other animal. You earn your respect from cats, they don't just give it to you like dogs. Negative side is cleaning the litter box which can be very dangerous for pregnant women.How do people get toxoplasmosis? A Toxoplasma infection occurs by:Accidentally swallowing cat feces from a Toxoplasma-infected cat that is shedding the organism in its feces. This might happen if you were to accidentally touch your hands to your mouth after gardening, cleaning a cat's litter box, or touching anything that has come into contact with cat feces. Eating contaminated raw or partly cooked meat, especially pork, lamb, or venison; by touching your hands to your mouth after handling undercooked meat. Contaminating food with knives, utensils, cutting boards and other foods that have had contact with raw meat. Drinking water contaminated with Toxoplasma. Receiving an infected organ transplant or blood transfusion, though this is rare.

• cats are fine as long as u give them the correct injections and get them spaded or neuted, i think i fact they are cleaner as they will not have acciendents over the house, they pretty much use their litter trays straight away, and tell your husband u don`t have to walk a cat...lol

• He needs to be exposed to a cat that is well cared for, clean & attracts him. Men seem to like the spotted wild look. Find someone with a bengal, egyptian mau, ocicat, savannah, or some sort of "wild" exotic looking cat with lots of character & no bad habits.

• buy one if he asks where your going just say to the store or something,then shoot out for the pet store buy one bring it home and tell him he'll have to live with it cuz its not leaving and if he says it is then you could tell him to leave.I bet he wont leave and i bet he'll get used to it.Brianagood luck

• Tell him that dogs are more dirty than cats. This is true, dogs cant use the litter box. they have to go outside a take a poop and they come home with dirty paws and step all over you house which leaves germs. Plus they smell bad after a run.