How long can I leave my puppy home alone?

I'm getting a puppy over the summer and I need to work out my work schedule for sept. (I work at 5 different schools) he will be 4 months when I would leave him at home. I will make sure he has a kong full of peanut butter and treats. How long can I…

I'm getting a puppy over the summer and I need to work out my work schedule for sept. (I work at 5 different schools) he will be 4 months when I would leave him at home. I will make sure he has a kong full of peanut butter and treats. How long can I…...
    Other Pet Discussions : How long can I leave my puppy home alone?...

• How long can I leave my puppy home alone?

How long can I leave my puppy home alone? Other Pet Discussions
      I'm getting a puppy over the summer and I need to work out my work schedule for sept. (I work at 5 different schools) he will be 4 months when I would leave him at home. I will make sure he has a kong full of peanut butter and treats. How long can I leave him at home by himself?

How long can I leave my puppy home alone? Other Pet Discussions
    • As long as the puppy is housebroken & crate trained he can be left alone for about 4-5 hours.Make sure you give him attention and a good walk before you leave and have either come home or have someone come over to walk him again 4-5 hours later.Then take him out again as soon as you get home.Until he is fully housebroken (no more accidents) and is obedient don't leave him running loose in the house, he can destroy your house and/or hurt himself.You can also put him in a doggy daycare until he is fully trained and can stay alone 8-9 hours.

• Probably only 4-5 hours for a dog of that age, as puppies can't "hold it" as long as adult dogs. Once he's a year old, you can probably leave him for 8-9 hours. Or, you could hire a dog walker to come let him out in the middle of the day.