What are some fun tricks to teach dogs?

Any ideas on what tricks I could teach my dog Aiden?He knows Sit, Lie Down, Shake, Pose, Prance, Drop it, Leave It, Down, and Out. Im working on Stay and Come.What are some tricks I could teach him for fun?What tricks do your dog/s know?How long did it…

Any ideas on what tricks I could teach my dog Aiden?He knows Sit, Lie Down, Shake, Pose, Prance, Drop it, Leave It, Down, and Out. Im working on Stay and Come.What are some tricks I could teach him for fun?What tricks do your dog/s know?How long did it…...
    Off Topic : What are some fun tricks to teach dogs?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What are some fun tricks to teach dogs?

What are some fun tricks to teach dogs? Off Topic
      Any ideas on what tricks I could teach my dog Aiden?He knows Sit, Lie Down, Shake, Pose, Prance, Drop it, Leave It, Down, and Out. Im working on Stay and Come.What are some tricks I could teach him for fun?What tricks do your dog/s know?How long did it take you to teach your dog each trick?He already know his basic commands.I want fun tricks to teach him.

What are some fun tricks to teach dogs? Off Topic
    • My dog knows how to "cheers" I hold a beer (or soda w/e) out to him and say cheers and he taps it with his foot. He also knows "bye bye"- you wave to him and he stands on his back legs and waves his paw in the air. I think the best tricks are simple ones with fun cues, just be creative and catch little things he does and give names to them. Good Luck!

• oooohh this is a fun question ;) first off my dog is a hyper active weirdo and we didnt think he could ever learn how to do anything, but surprisingly it worked, so if my silly little terrier can do these so can yours. here are some tricks to teach in order, because in order for some of these to work you need to teach them one before.1> Sit, if you have to press on their rear to get them to sit do so. have a treat there for immediate praise and make a big deal (yes i know it is a boring trick but is an essential for others)2>Stay, tell them to sit then back away with a treat while you keep repeating "stay" if they come toward you scold and try again. (BTW holod your hand up like your giving a hive five this means 'stop' and stay still use this hand signal everytime)3>Down,tell them to sit then have them get down on the ground follwing your treat saying "down" remember immediate praise and treat4>Play Dead, after saying "sit" and "down" push them on their side and say 'bang" (or anyother word) u can use the hand signal you used for 'stay" this shows them to stay still, dont give your dog the treat until it has stopped moving ALL THE WAY even the tail5> Shake, make them sit and grab the hand saying shake and then give a treat, 6>Roll over, Tell them to lie down and then saying roll over and use the hand motion twilring your hand to show them, if they dont get ithelp my manually rololing them over and remember praise and treat right away even if you helpedThe trick is to REPEAT< PRAISE>FOOD be patient and run threw a single trick a day so they dont get confused, and hand signals really help, but make sure they are severely different for each trick. GOOD LUCKPS here is a cool sight to get creataive, these are just the basics and by using these instructions you can teach them almost anything. (Speak is also i good one, bark to provoke them then give them a treat when they bark back, or say speak in a really high pitched voice)

• My dog knows how to do all of these tricks:HurdleIt is easy to tech, I taught my dog by putting a plastic baseball bat (anything will work as a hurdle, even a long stick) in a door way so my dog couldn't walk around it. It was at a low height that he could just step over it and not be able to go under. I encouraged him with treats to step over the bat and praised him when he did ( you can also use toys to get your dog to step over the hurdle). Eventually you can raise the bar higher to the point where he has to jump over it. If Aiden starts to go under the bar when you put it higher, tell him no and push him back. Start to introduce the "over" comand when your dog jumps over the hurdle like an expert. Finally your dog should be able to hurdle without the bar being in a door way on comand. To make my hurdle I put my bar between two chairs, you can make a hurdle or just hold the bar in the air.SpinThis trick is easy. All you have to do is take a treat or toy, hold it a few inches above your dog's head and lead him in a full circle. If he snaps at your hand say no and take away the treat or toy until the dog is calm, then try again. After a while introduce the "spin" comand to the trick. When your dog is getting really good you can stop leading them in a circle and just simply say the comand.Jump Through a HoopIt doesn't matter what size your dog is as long as you have a big enough hoop. Hold your hoop so that the bottom of it is touching the ground. Then lead Aiden through it using treats or toys. If he really has trouble with this then, like the hurdle, hold the hoop in a door way. Raise the hoop a few inches after every few times your dog goes through, before you know it, he will have to jump through it! At this point you can give the trick a comand, I recomend using "over" like in the hurdle comand. If you use the door to teach your dog this comand you should stop using it after your dog knows the comand.Find ItThis is more of a game, here is how it works: put your dog in another room, then in the room you use for the game, place a treat, or toy used only for this game, in plain sight so your dog can clearly find it. Release the dog from the other room and say "find it", when he eats the treat or sniffs or picks up the toy praise him. Repeat this step a few times, then start to put the toy in different places, but still make it easy to find. After doing that for a few times start hide what your dog is finding in places like under a table or behind a chair leg. You can now gradually increase the difficulty of where you hide the treat or toy, you can also increase the range of where you hide it to different rooms. This game engages your dog's smell, exercises him, and is very fun!