How can I protect my dogs from scorpion stings?

I am thinking of moving to Arizona, but I am worried about my dogs. Since there are a lot of scorpions, how do I protect my dogs from getting stung? Also, will a sting kill my dog?

I am thinking of moving to Arizona, but I am worried about my dogs. Since there are a lot of scorpions, how do I protect my dogs from getting stung? Also, will a sting kill my dog?...
    Other Pet Discussions : How can I protect my dogs from scorpion stings?...

• How can I protect my dogs from scorpion stings?

How can I protect my dogs from scorpion stings? Other Pet Discussions
      I am thinking of moving to Arizona, but I am worried about my dogs. Since there are a lot of scorpions, how do I protect my dogs from getting stung? Also, will a sting kill my dog?

How can I protect my dogs from scorpion stings? Other Pet Discussions
    • There are a few scorpions that can kill dogs as well as people. Really the only way is to make sure your yard is not scorpion friendly. If you make sure that your yard is not a good place for scorpions or snakes, you should be OK.http://www.desertusa.com/oct96/du_scorpion.html

• Cases of the scorpions in Arizona killing a person or animal are extremely rare. I would also bet that a scorpions stinger wouldn't be long enough to penetrate the dog's fur. You should be more concerned about rattlesnakes, but even then a vet could give the dog anti-venom and they usually will survive.