What are some fun activities for my baby girl rats?

I just bought 2 female rats and they love all the room they have in their new cage. One is a hooded dumbo and one is a siamese. They get along great no worries. My question is I would love to play with them and show them exciting new things. I want them…

I just bought 2 female rats and they love all the room they have in their new cage. One is a hooded dumbo and one is a siamese. They get along great no worries. My question is I would love to play with them and show them exciting new things. I want them…...
    Off Topic : What are some fun activities for my baby girl rats?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What are some fun activities for my baby girl rats?

What are some fun activities for my baby girl rats? Off Topic
      I just bought 2 female rats and they love all the room they have in their new cage. One is a hooded dumbo and one is a siamese. They get along great no worries. My question is I would love to play with them and show them exciting new things. I want them as happy as possible and give them little treats and stuff. What are some fun things to do for my rats??Also any good healthy treat ideas would be good too :DThanks everyone!!

What are some fun activities for my baby girl rats? Off Topic
    • For treats, I've found that my rats go NUTS for chicken and tuna fish! Most fruits and vegetables (carrots, romaine lettuce, bananas, apples etc) make good treats too. Just feed them in moderation.Here are some good ideas for toys:http://www.dapper.com.au/toys.htmhttp://exoticpets.about.com/od/careofrats/qt/ratstoys.htmhttp://hubpages.com/hub/Games_and_Toys_for_Your_Pet_RatsYoung rats (especially girls) often enjoy tug-of-war with shoelaces. Try dangling a shoelace around and see if they'll grab at it. Give them a bit of a challenge, but let them win in the end :3Even just letting them run around a room exploring is fun, as long as you keep an eye on them and make sure they're safe. You can take your rats outside and let them play in the grass, unless you use pesticides and such. Take care they don't run off though!

• here is a site that has all the foods that rats can not eat and whyhttp://www.petratscanada.com/forbidden_foods.htmfor fun you can use jars, pipe drains, toilet paper rolls, a pot with dirt in it so they could dig, etc. as long as it doesn't have anything toxic or dangerous to them they will be just fine and will have funhave fun i hope i helped

• When I had rats I made them popsicle stick play houses. Go to a art and craft section of a store (like Wal-mart, dollar stores etc.) and buy packages of (non-dyed) popsicle sticks and glue them together with a hot glue gun. What I did was glue sticks to make a square and then glue more sticks close together to make a solid wall, or leave spaces (make sure they can't get their heads caught) for ladders. I put the houses together with yarn and hot glue to make them solid. It's fun cuz you get to be creative and when they chew them apart you can toss them out and build a new one, and they don't cost lots to make.

• my fiance and i collect the cardboard soda boxes and we cute doors and windows in them then tape them all together to make little rat cities and skyscrapers they LOVE crawling around and exploring all the rooms. you can also make a dig box. grow some grass in a tub so its about 1-2 inches tall and scatter seeds into the grass then let the girls go crazy hunting for them it's a favorite past time for a lot of rats since they love to forage for food. you can also give them plastic cat jingle balls (not th solid ones but the ones where you can see through them) and they chase those things everywhere and carry them around like babies too it's funny! on HOT DAY YOU CAN FLOAT A BUNCH OF FROZEN PEAS IN A SHALLOW BOWL AND LET THEM OF pEA FISHING!! IT'S A GREAT WAY TO COOL THEM DOWN AND THEY GET TREATS TOO! (crap stupid caps lock i'm to lazy to retype is lol)for treat ideas my ratties LOVE: grape halves, frozen peas, bell pepper, yogurt, frozen corn, KIX cereal, special K yogurt and berries, tortillas, pears, apples, peaches, melons, and once in a blue moon; walnuts or pistachios

• I like to get plastic easter eggs and put treats in them and my girls crack them open, or just chew thro the ends. Also little baby socks or cotton squares tied up with treats inside so they can work to get to them also some jingle balls have big enough openings that I stuff treats in and they carry them around until they knock them out. Some treats i like to use are cheerio like fruit cereals, dried yogurt drops(baby section) soy yogurt, sunflower seeds, and dried peas(healthfood store.) Pea fishing is also lots of fun but you should get your girls use to a small amount of water first before they will snorkle. Chasing games with cat teasters, bird cup forgers, and ferret tunnels are some other things you should keep an eye out for :)