What kind of cat litter do you recommend and why?

Currently I'm using the Feline Pine, or the Trader Joe's facsimile. I've used the sand litters and the clay litters with past cats... however, since adopting my kitten I've been noticing that she comes out of the litter box with the dirty broken-down…

Currently I'm using the Feline Pine, or the Trader Joe's facsimile. I've used the sand litters and the clay litters with past cats... however, since adopting my kitten I've been noticing that she comes out of the litter box with the dirty broken-down…...
    Other Pet Discussions : What kind of cat litter do you recommend and why?...

• What kind of cat litter do you recommend and why?

What kind of cat litter do you recommend and why? Other Pet Discussions
      Currently I'm using the Feline Pine, or the Trader Joe's facsimile. I've used the sand litters and the clay litters with past cats... however, since adopting my kitten I've been noticing that she comes out of the litter box with the dirty broken-down sawdust from the pine litter all over her face. I think this is preventing her from overcoming an eye infection, and it very well could have been the cause of it. Any advice on what type of litter I should switch to?

What kind of cat litter do you recommend and why? Other Pet Discussions
    • I buy the kind from WalMart. I can't remember the name, but it's the store brand and it comes in a green box. It's about 20lbs. It's the clumping kind. Works really well for the price. It's $5.48 where I live.

• There is a soft recycled newspaper litter that lasts forever and there is no dust or anything. It is the best on odor (I have 4 cats!) One brand is yesterday's News but there are others that are less expensive. Clumping litter is the worst thing you can do for your cat so avoid that stuff.

• I use a no name lightly scented clumping cat litter. It's just pebbles that clump together when they get wet. It makes scooping the box everyday a two second job, even with three cats. The scent in it isn't strong enough to turn the cats away but it's enough that it covers the smell of the cats' urine.

• I have a 2 year old cat and introduced a 6 week old kitten. I have used Arm & Hammer litter for multiple cats always. It is great for clumping and is small enough that with a pad in front of the litter box, they do not track it around. My kitten has done very well with it. Good luck with the little one.