What are some fun activities I can do while riding western?

Well right now I'm just practising basics, getting more control, and forming a greaterbond with my horse. I'm in the intermediate class, and at the beginning of each lesson we have some free time while wewarm up. What kinds of fun stuff can I do, that…

Well right now I'm just practising basics, getting more control, and forming a greaterbond with my horse. I'm in the intermediate class, and at the beginning of each lesson we have some free time while wewarm up. What kinds of fun stuff can I do, that…...
    Off Topic : What are some fun activities I can do while riding western?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What are some fun activities I can do while riding western?

What are some fun activities I can do while riding western? Off Topic
      Well right now I'm just practising basics, getting more control, and forming a greaterbond with my horse. I'm in the intermediate class, and at the beginning of each lesson we have some free time while wewarm up. What kinds of fun stuff can I do, that will teach me something new?

What are some fun activities I can do while riding western? Off Topic
    • it depends on what your horse knowsif its a reining horse then you can spin and stuff while warming upyou can always ride in different patterns and at different speeds try to go into a lope immediately and switch leads a couple times and come down straight to a walk without riding around and bouncing if thats a problem there are also books that you could probably get or check out from the library

• Work on a different maneuver each week, such as side passing, roll backs, pivoting, etc. It will give both you and your horse a change from the norm and you will learn at the same time. It will also teach you how your horse reacts to how you cue/use your body.

• Well, if it is for warm up try 2 pointing. That is a great warm up. 2 point is the position you see jumping riders go into. I do it when I ride Saddle Seat too. I also ride western, and it's a bit harder in a big western saddle, but it is an awesome warm up.You can also try posting in your western saddle. Just stand up and sit down with the outside front leg. You can ask your trainer to help you learn to post if you haven't done it before. It's a good think to know how to post, even if you plan on riding western. Posting in a western saddle is really good for your legs, it will stretch them out and also it will help your balance. Have fun!

• My favorite is barrel racing, and pole bending and the best part is any one and any horse can do it (some better than others). You could also do little western jumps every now n then (nothing too high or you will hurt horse. Be creative you can go trail riding, have horse races with your friends (as long as it's controlled). As you get better you can do harder things like breakaway roping, team roping (your horse must be trained or he will spook with the rope swinging around his head) you can also do cutting(SO MUCH FUN) Trust me once you get the hang doing western you will love it.Have fun with your horse and best of luck with whatever you do with your horse.