How to make sure my cat doesn't accidentally run out of my house?

She is an indoor cat. I'm always worried about her accidentally running out of the house. What are some ways that I can be sure that she is secure and in my house ?

She is an indoor cat. I'm always worried about her accidentally running out of the house. What are some ways that I can be sure that she is secure and in my house ?...
    Other Pet Discussions : How to make sure my cat doesn't accidentally run out of my house?...

• How to make sure my cat doesn't accidentally run out of my house?

How to make sure my cat doesn't accidentally run out of my house? Other Pet Discussions
      She is an indoor cat. I'm always worried about her accidentally running out of the house. What are some ways that I can be sure that she is secure and in my house ?

How to make sure my cat doesn't accidentally run out of my house? Other Pet Discussions
    • be mindful to close doors and shut screens.Also make sure she has a collar with your info and make sure she has a chip because the collar can get lost.Do what you can to keep kitty in house because if kitty gets out you may never see her again. My cats are indoor and have never gotten outside.If you have a yard build a cat proof yard or balcony.This link has some great ideas if you can afford it or do it yourself

• After awhile, she will not show any real interest in going outside. Yes, she will be happy to look out windows, but as far as rushing the door, less likely. But you want to be sure.You need to make the door areas hostile to her. You can do that by a glass jar with coins that you shake when you go out the door if she is anywhere near the door. Most cats hate that sound.And you need cooperation of all members of the family to make sure she doesn't slip out.

• I am still dealing with this with my youngest cat. I make sure she is no where in sight when I open the door if at all possible. If she comes near the door I hiss at her and tell her no. I have a scat mat in front of the door which she hates. Also taking her out on a harness every day or every few days has helped more than anything. Once I started taking her out she stopped rushing the door. Now she will sit and look toward it or look at her harness if I open the front door but she rarely tries to rush out.