What could happen if a dog has a baby canine, but the adult canine is completely in?

My Meagle (minpin/beagle mix) has a baby canine, and an adult canine that is fully in. However, he hasn't lost the baby canine, and it's not loose at all. Is there any ill effects that this could have for his dental health? Should I have it removed?Thank…

What could happen if a dog has a baby canine, but the adult canine is completely in?

My Meagle (minpin/beagle mix) has a baby canine, and an adult canine that is fully in. However, he hasn't lost the baby canine, and it's not loose at all. Is there any ill effects that this could have for his dental health? Should I have it removed?Thank…...
    Other Pet Discussions : What could happen if a dog has a baby canine, but the adult canine is completely in?...

• What could happen if a dog has a baby canine, but the adult canine is completely in?

What could happen if a dog has a baby canine, but the adult canine is completely in? Other Pet Discussions
      My Meagle (minpin/beagle mix) has a baby canine, and an adult canine that is fully in. However, he hasn't lost the baby canine, and it's not loose at all. Is there any ill effects that this could have for his dental health? Should I have it removed?Thank you! I wasn't sure if this could cause too many problems or not. I know that Meagles are prone to tooth and mouth issues...Turbo is about 7-8 months old. I've been giving him rawhides to chew on, and sticks. (He loves both) to help keep his teeth clean, and to help the tooth fall out.

What could happen if a dog has a baby canine, but the adult canine is completely in? Other Pet Discussions
    • Yes, it will have to be removed. It will catch debris and cause gum disease. If he hasn't been neutered yet, ask your vet if he will pull the baby tooth at the same time.

• You can wait awhile if the dog is 5-7 months old. Sometimes they will come out on their own even after the adult canine has fully erupted. My male minpin kept both his baby canines for almost 2 months before they both finally came out. Retained baby teeth are not uncommon in small dogs. If the baby tooth is still retained after 7months or so it probably will not come out on its own and must be removed by a vet ... however ... this timing is also generally a good time to consider spay or neuter for a small/medium sized dog and the tooth extraction cost will be much less if you combine the two procedures. It cost me an extra 20 dollars to extract one baby canine during my female minpin's spay.

• If the toothe is still in there pretty solid and you plan to have him neutered they'l take it out then, otherwise it can cause problems with seperation of teethe. These little dogs also have bad tarter problems,dry food helps alot! Hey you never know it may still fall out.