What are some ways I can give my cat liquid medicine?

I've tried putting it in with wet food, but she takes one bite and then won't eat it. I've also tried giving it to her through her mouth, but she struggles to the point that I miss her mouth, or she spits it out. I don't know what to do and this is…

I've tried putting it in with wet food, but she takes one bite and then won't eat it. I've also tried giving it to her through her mouth, but she struggles to the point that I miss her mouth, or she spits it out. I don't know what to do and this is…...
    Other Pet Discussions : What are some ways I can give my cat liquid medicine?...

• What are some ways I can give my cat liquid medicine?

What are some ways I can give my cat liquid medicine? Other Pet Discussions
      I've tried putting it in with wet food, but she takes one bite and then won't eat it. I've also tried giving it to her through her mouth, but she struggles to the point that I miss her mouth, or she spits it out. I don't know what to do and this is medicine that she needs so that she can get better.

What are some ways I can give my cat liquid medicine? Other Pet Discussions
    • You need to swaddle her before you give her the medicine. Use a towel or sweatshirt you don't care about too much, it's going to get torn up a bit. If possible, wait until she calms down before using the syringe. (I assume you're using a syringe, I can't think of another way.) Make sure the syringe is pretty far back in her mouth, and squirt the medicine towards the back of her throat. Keep the syringe in her mouth for a few seconds, she's less likely to spit out the medicine that way.If she likes treats, have the box in her sight while you're doing this, and give her one before you un-swaddle her. A little bribery goes a long way. (It also leaves her in a slightly better mood and less likely to attack you when you let her go.)As a last resort, you can put a little of it *on* her, and she'll lick it off. This doesn't give a very exact dose, and it's more effective with goo than liquid, so it really should be a last resort.