How do I potty train my yorkie puppy? And how young should I start?

I recently bought a yorkie puppy who's only 8 weeks old. Is this an appropriate age to start potty training him? And if so how would I go about doing this?

I recently bought a yorkie puppy who's only 8 weeks old. Is this an appropriate age to start potty training him? And if so how would I go about doing this?...
    Other Pet Discussions : How do I potty train my yorkie puppy? And how young should I start?...

• How do I potty train my yorkie puppy? And how young should I start?

How do I potty train my yorkie puppy? And how young should I start? Other Pet Discussions
      I recently bought a yorkie puppy who's only 8 weeks old. Is this an appropriate age to start potty training him? And if so how would I go about doing this?

How do I potty train my yorkie puppy? And how young should I start? Other Pet Discussions
    • You start IMMEDIATELY And don't EVER buy pee pads or put down newspaper in the house - or you will have taught your Yorkie that eliminating in the house is accepted. Treat your tiny puppy like a dog - Yorkies are actually very stout of heart, and need to know they are dogs, not toys. Their interpretation of being picked up is that they have been made the Emperor of Everything, and then you are in trouble. They do not see it as being protected - they just grew by about four feet - and you can imagine how the view is different. Get your puppy a crate, and train train him like any other dog - put him in his crate after he has been fed and walked and played with, and let him sleep for as long as he will. Then take him straight out to the yard, and WALK him until he has peed and pooped - and praise him in a whisper each time - texting while standing still holding the leash is not a walk. Here are proper directions for crate training a puppy - you will have a great little dog if you treat him as if he is a Labrador. Yorkies were bred to hunt rodents, and are plenty brave when treated like a dog instead of a toy Don't let his tiny size fool you, and get a PEN so he doesn't sneak off and pee in the house when you aren't looking.http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?A=1129

• Yep, start now! Every hour let him up the garden, and watch for signs like sniffing the same area, lowering his rear etc, and say 'Go toilet'. As he goes to the toilet say 'Good toilet' in a happy voice and reward with a stroke (try not to associate going to the toilet with treats, because he may learn to urinate for food) - always say the command after good to remind him what he has done right. If he has an accident indoors, soak it in a cloth and place the cloth on the ground in an appropriate area. Dogs often go in the same area away from play and bed, and he wil pick up on the scent. When he sniffs it say 'go toilet'. When he has done an accident, make sure he sniffs it, and say 'Bad toilet' in a rough voice like a growl. For him to understand you, you need to speak his own language. Every-time he drinks, eats, or wakes, let him straight up the garden. Some say use the newspaper training, but I do not agree with this, as when a crate or area is lined with newspaper the dog will then go to the toilet. Good luck