How can I stop my cat from eating lizzards?

She is very well fed on the best one can get (dry and wet food each day) so it's not a food thing. We need the lizzards to maintain a balanced (as possible) ecosystem at our home.

She is very well fed on the best one can get (dry and wet food each day) so it's not a food thing. We need the lizzards to maintain a balanced (as possible) ecosystem at our home....
    Other Pet Discussions : How can I stop my cat from eating lizzards?...

• How can I stop my cat from eating lizzards?

How can I stop my cat from eating lizzards? Other Pet Discussions
      She is very well fed on the best one can get (dry and wet food each day) so it's not a food thing. We need the lizzards to maintain a balanced (as possible) ecosystem at our home.

How can I stop my cat from eating lizzards? Other Pet Discussions
    • It is a natural thing for the cat to eat lizards. It is meat and they like it. No way to keep it from eating the lizards unless you keep the cat on one part of your home and the lizards in another away from the cat.

• Cats will eat most anything they please, but not more than they need. If your cat is full already, she should not eat the lizzards. When she is done, just offer some more food to her. Is she getting two meals per day? That may help.

• Haha, honey you are trying to control the food chain and it's not going to work. Cats are carnivores, and lizzards present themselves as perfect targets because they are so jittery. Your cat isn't eating lizards for food, it's doing it because that's it's natural instinct. Cats are hunters by nature and like to hunt small things....birds, mice, lizzards, moles. It's programmed into their mind. You have nothing to worry about. Your cat eating lizzards isn't going to throw off the ecosystem at your house, it's just going to allow your cat to have fun.

• We live in Florida and our neighbors cat is always at our house. She catches the lizards but never eats them. I dont think any cats eat them. Its a natural thing for cats to hunt. They also like to bring them back to the human to be rewarded. The cat next door brought us a dead mole as a matter of fact yesterday. YUCK!!!!

• If you want a better ecosystem, you have to respect the nature laws. The lizards are like roaches, they borne every hour. If the cat doesn't feel sick it means that she needs proteins of them. Search at market food with the proteins of a lizard, ask better with your vet.

• If you are truly concerned about ecology, then you really have to think about keeping the cat indoors. They are not part of the natural food chain in your area so could have an impact - especially if there are lots of other cats doing the same thing in your neighborhood. Cats are tough on reptiles and song birds. They are predators by design and nothing can change the outcome of that except keeping them from places where they should not be hunting. Given the opportunities to become road kill, become infected with FIV, etc. you'll extend your cat's life keeping it indoors. Sorry!