What are the side effects to dogs being washed with Suave body wash?

My bratty little sister decided to wash my dog with it! I just want to make sure my dog isn't going to have any side effects from it. I have dog shampoo that I can wash her with if that would do anything. I just need to know! Thanks, that helped a lot.

My bratty little sister decided to wash my dog with it! I just want to make sure my dog isn't going to have any side effects from it. I have dog shampoo that I can wash her with if that would do anything. I just need to know! Thanks, that helped a lot....
    Other Pet Discussions : What are the side effects to dogs being washed with Suave body wash?...

• What are the side effects to dogs being washed with Suave body wash?

What are the side effects to dogs being washed with Suave body wash? Other Pet Discussions
      My bratty little sister decided to wash my dog with it! I just want to make sure my dog isn't going to have any side effects from it. I have dog shampoo that I can wash her with if that would do anything. I just need to know! Thanks, that helped a lot.

What are the side effects to dogs being washed with Suave body wash? Other Pet Discussions
    • There won't be any side effects from doing this for one time. Long term use could cause drying of the skin and hair since dogs have a different ph than we do. Thank your little sis for trying to be helpful and let her know from now on to use only a dog shampoo.

• Your dog should be ok. I mean it can dry out the skin and as long as your dog did not ingest any...things will be alright. Do not have your sister make a habit out of it..as human formulas are not correct for a dog. Dogs PH balance is very different. Just make sure your dog is rinsed out well so no soap residue is left on the dog.

• Products intended for people should not be used on dogs. Dogs need a different pH than people do. Even dog shampoo can mess up the dog's skin and coat if it's used too often or not rinsed out completely.. We have big 3 dogs, and never bathe them. We keep the fleas off them, so they aren't chewing on themselves. And no, they don't get to smelling doggy. It seems to be the chewing on themselves that makes the doggy smell. The vet always comments about how pretty their coats are. We've never confessed that we never bathe our dogs. If one of them rolls in something "yummy" (to them) we just hose him down, no shampoo.