What fun things can I do with my horse when I ride him bareback?

I have been riding bare back ltely to get the horse I am riding used to riding with just a halter and riding bareback.He's doing great so I was wondering what kind of fun things that I could do with him. Thanks for all the help.Oh and I forgot to…

I have been riding bare back ltely to get the horse I am riding used to riding with just a halter and riding bareback.He's doing great so I was wondering what kind of fun things that I could do with him. Thanks for all the help.Oh and I forgot to…...
    Off Topic : What fun things can I do with my horse when I ride him bareback?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What fun things can I do with my horse when I ride him bareback?

What fun things can I do with my horse when I ride him bareback? Off Topic
      I have been riding bare back ltely to get the horse I am riding used to riding with just a halter and riding bareback.He's doing great so I was wondering what kind of fun things that I could do with him. Thanks for all the help.Oh and I forgot to mention- he is kind of a wuss, so How do you think I could him used to things? He is even afraid if his other horse friends are running towards him. lol

What fun things can I do with my horse when I ride him bareback? Off Topic
    • Try doing around the world on him, try getting on from the ground (running & jumping to get on, it's funny!)I usually only ride bareback when I'm cooling a horse out so sometimes I will try and steer them around things just using my legs, it's still fun and the horse is learning to respond to your leg more.I don't know if it's bad for a horses back so if it is don't do this, but try vaulting exercises bareback, like going on your knees and standing on them. Again don't do it if it's bad for their backs, I've never done it bareback before so I don't know if it makes a difference since the weight isn't distributed through their back evenly.Have fun! :D

• Ditto - if you have trails available, nothing is more fun and relaxing (the horse has to be trustworthy, though, to make it relaxing, it's not safe and certainly no fun to be on a trail on a skittish horse with no saddle or bridle)I ride a mare who is rather sensitive and can get stressed out under saddle. I like riding her bareback in a halter and lead rope because she actually enjoys NOT having a bit in her mouth a lot - she actually seems more relaxed and responsive (ie, instead of stiffening her back and fighting the bit through a downward transition, she actually drops her nose and does perfect downward transitions in her halter). Simply doing some basic walk-trot-canter stuff ilike this n the arena can be fun- I feel like getting good side passes and turns on the haunches/forehand to be fun bareback as there is no saddle to restrict your cues.I also like to just ride out into the hay field and let my horse graze while I sit up there. Enjoyable for the both of us :)

• EVERYTHING! I mean, within reason, and as long as you trust your horse and your ability as a rider. Actually, I think it's one of the best things you can do,k for both you and the horse. Not only will it improve your balance and natural seat but also help refine your contact. And your performance WITH a saddle will be much better. I've ridden many different breeds bareback (including a TB, Arabs, Percheron, Appys, and QHs) and done we've done everything from basic dressage to jumping to rollbacks to trail.As to what you can do, it depends on what you're used to doing in the saddle. I would suggest cross-rails, but remember to "introduce" them to your horse before trying them. Carrying hay bales, riding "side-saddle-bareback", and just generally running around. Use your imagination, have fun :) Horses are some of the best friends you'll ever have and riding is all about improving both you and your horse. Good Luck :)