What are some fun things to do on trails?

I have trail horses. And we go riding on power-line trails, and in open fields. My friends and I just do the usuals, cantering, short races, nothing special. But what are some fun things to do while your riding.I ride western and my horses can't jump…

I have trail horses. And we go riding on power-line trails, and in open fields. My friends and I just do the usuals, cantering, short races, nothing special. But what are some fun things to do while your riding.I ride western and my horses can't jump…...
    Off Topic : What are some fun things to do on trails?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What are some fun things to do on trails?

What are some fun things to do on trails? Off Topic
      I have trail horses. And we go riding on power-line trails, and in open fields. My friends and I just do the usuals, cantering, short races, nothing special. But what are some fun things to do while your riding.I ride western and my horses can't jump very well. So any suggestion?

What are some fun things to do on trails? Off Topic
    • I always like to set up obstacle courses in the fields when we aren't using them. I usually ride english but this is fun for western and english. make a puddle of water and walk through itground polesconesthat kinda stuff. Also on trails me and my friends LOVE to do scavenger hunts. One of us is "it" and they pick a hiding spot (with their horse. thats the hard part. haha) Before they hide they set up clues on trees that will lead us to where they are hiding and then they go hide. We wait like five minutes for them to get where they need to be then we go find clues and find our way to them. We also like to play manhunt on horseback, and tag but we do the tag in fields. its a ton of fun!!!! Have fun riding!!!!

• just enjoy the company of the people you are riding with and all. also, i like to take a lasso and rope random stuff like tree stumps and the person i front of me---just be careful not to hurt them,

• My barn's trails are perfect for horseback hide and seek. We're going to play for the first time this weekend, probably. You set up boundaries of how far you can go, etc., then go out and look for the other riders.The trees at our barn are perfect for a horse and rider to hide in - thick but not thick enough that it's uncomfortable to ride off the trail.

• What my friends and I play are the following...1. Tag, this is my personal favorate if you want to make it really hard, you have to touch the person and not only the horse. BUT you can touch the horse. Its a lot of fun2. Hide and go seek in the trails. Basically just like hid and go seek but your on a horse and its a lot harder to hide both you and the horse.3. I-Spy kinda boring for me4. Truth or Dare Equine Style, yeah some of the dares are like crazy

• When I ride alone, especially in winter, I play hit the puddle, there are usually alot to chose from and alot of my horses in training don't like to get their feet wet, all the more fun.When we ride in groups and find a field we can ride on we usually end up playing "apeable"(danish for do what I do). Which is in short, you ride a series of movements and the others have to do the same after you finish, if one fails they are out, then the next rider does a series and so on til there is a winner. If I'm riding my show jumper I usually win by taking a flat gallop, follow by a tight figure of 8 with flying changes and an abrupt halt at the end. Even the stable girl(a great rider) on my Prix dressage horse can't follow that one lol, but then again I think my show jumper was a westen barrel racer in a previous life, he turns on a dime.

• Half pass, side pass. Lead changes. Play with gaits. Pick a number and alternate after x number of strides. Don't go in a straight line. Do spirals or serpentines. Leap frog. Horses maintain same gait. Rear horse goes up a notch and passes all. Once that horse reaches the front the new rear horse follows suit. Horses learn not to get excited and speed up when being passed. Trim foliage. Bring along hand pruners and see how well you can stop and trim. Will your horse stand as cut pieces fall? Pick an object and ride to it. Can you get your horse to put their nose or foot on it?Let your imagination loose and you'll be surprised at the fun things you can find to do.