How do you become a dog trainer?

I've heard of schools or just an apprenticeship but which one? Any advice from dog trainers or anyone who knows about it would be very appericiated. No rude answers please!

I've heard of schools or just an apprenticeship but which one? Any advice from dog trainers or anyone who knows about it would be very appericiated. No rude answers please!...
    Other Pet Discussions : How do you become a dog trainer?...

• How do you become a dog trainer?

How do you become a dog trainer? Other Pet Discussions
      I've heard of schools or just an apprenticeship but which one? Any advice from dog trainers or anyone who knows about it would be very appericiated. No rude answers please!

How do you become a dog trainer? Other Pet Discussions
    • Go to the web pages: Petsmart.com and Petco.com On the job opportunities page tell them you want to be an obedience trainer. Both companies have programs that will train you how to train dogs.

• It really depends on if you want to be a bred/ event specific trainer or just a dog trainer in general, but generaly a combination of both is the way to go. A good education in your field is always and advantage, as you learn things other than just training; you learn healtcare, anatomy, pshycology, etc.., but If you are looking for breed/event specific, I would find some one and see if they will teach you the tricks of the trade. If you are looking to do an "in house" trainer, such as at a pet store or kennel, you definatly need the education, mostly because they are picky about who they hire and their credentials, because there is a lot mre liability to that than being slef employed.