What is the best way to clean a Cobalt Blue Tarantula's tank without getting bit?

I have a Cobalt Blue Tarantula. She is aggresive, and posionous. I have had her almost a year. I have cleaned it once, but she was very aggresive afterwards. I am planning to put her in a new tank, and was wondering what would be the best way to clean/…

What is the best way to clean a Cobalt Blue Tarantula's tank without getting bit?

I have a Cobalt Blue Tarantula. She is aggresive, and posionous. I have had her almost a year. I have cleaned it once, but she was very aggresive afterwards. I am planning to put her in a new tank, and was wondering what would be the best way to clean/…...
    Other Pet Discussions : What is the best way to clean a Cobalt Blue Tarantula's tank without getting bit?...

• What is the best way to clean a Cobalt Blue Tarantula's tank without getting bit?

What is the best way to clean a Cobalt Blue Tarantula's tank without getting bit? Other Pet Discussions
      I have a Cobalt Blue Tarantula. She is aggresive, and posionous. I have had her almost a year. I have cleaned it once, but she was very aggresive afterwards. I am planning to put her in a new tank, and was wondering what would be the best way to clean/ make her "comfy" in her new home. Also, any items I may find for her tank to be more comfortable in her home would be nice. Serious answers PLEASE.

What is the best way to clean a Cobalt Blue Tarantula's tank without getting bit? Other Pet Discussions
    • You definitely need to remove her before cleaning. Put a small container infront of her and gently scooch her in. As far as making her comfy... make sure you have a very shallow water dish (no sponge, they collect bacteria) and depending on the size of the habitat, give her 2 hiding places (like a half log or empty coconut). Make sure you have proper lighting and heat as well.

• Cobalts are by nature very aggressive. Put a small box that you can close with a ruler or something long to keep your hand away from her. Gently guide her into the box close it and them change her out into the new enclosure.

• I also have a fairly aggressive cobalt blue. I usually clean her tank once every six months or so. I use a clear tupperware container and put it over top of her then slide the bottom underneath her. I also use barbecue tongs to spot clean and change her water. I have a desert background taped to the back of a 10 gallon tank. I use coconut fiber bedding, some air plants attached to small pieces of driftwood, and a gradual build-up of bedding with pieces of petrified wood as a retaining wall to a depth of about 5 inches. Her water dish is an inch deep and looks like a slice of a log.