How can I get my dogs to stop play fighting so much?

They aren't hurting each other, and I like that they get some energy out, but it has been getting out of hand. For example, last night the family was trying to watch a movie but the two would not stop play fighting and running around the living room.…

They aren't hurting each other, and I like that they get some energy out, but it has been getting out of hand. For example, last night the family was trying to watch a movie but the two would not stop play fighting and running around the living room.…...
    Other Pet Discussions : How can I get my dogs to stop play fighting so much?...

• How can I get my dogs to stop play fighting so much?

How can I get my dogs to stop play fighting so much? Other Pet Discussions
      They aren't hurting each other, and I like that they get some energy out, but it has been getting out of hand. For example, last night the family was trying to watch a movie but the two would not stop play fighting and running around the living room. It's really loud and obnoxious, I repeatedly reprimand them but nothing works. What can I do?

How can I get my dogs to stop play fighting so much? Other Pet Discussions
    • Sorry, but it's just something animals do. In a few years it'll get better but you can really just give a quick shout at them and they'll stop for a few minutes.

• Do you have a yard that the dogs play in? If so, it would be good for you to teach them that the yard is the place to play with each other. When they are doing it in the house, gently lead them to the yard and let them play with each other out there. This should teach them that the playing is appropriate but you don't want them to do it all the time. If you don't have a yard, maybe you can pick a designated room for them that you aren't in all the time, where they would be able to do this most of the time. By removing them from the situation and putting them in a new one, they should pick up on the fact that they are only to do this in certain areas, so they won't disturb you.

• Put them in the back yard, so they can run and play( assuming you have a fenced yard) if its the barking, tell them to use their " inside voice" or spank m' and put them outside. That's what I call " tough love" but hay, it's still love right?

• A tired dog is always easier to live with than one with loads of pent up energy - so get these two out for a good long walk before you feed them, and settle down for the evening. When you have dogs, something has to 'give'.

• Looks like these pooches aren't getting enough physical activity from their owner and are therefore tuckering themselves out from their pent up energy.To solve this is really to just lengthen your dogs walking time and to walk twice a day. Example, walk your dogs for say an hour depending on the breeds before watching the movie and settling down.Then either halfway or after the movie you feed them and then allow them to relax further I guess.Any dog that is tuckered out from exercise is a happy dog.

• I agree with MamaBass, but you need to start training them to lie down and stay. Just putting them outside or in the garage will not solve the problem.