How often dog dogs need their rabies shots?

My dog just had hers last year, but we got a reminder from the vet that she needs another oneMy other dog only gets one every 3 years.So i'm confused, how often do dogs need their rabies shot?

My dog just had hers last year, but we got a reminder from the vet that she needs another oneMy other dog only gets one every 3 years.So i'm confused, how often do dogs need their rabies shot?...
    General Dog Discussions : How often dog dogs need their rabies shots?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How often dog dogs need their rabies shots?

How often dog dogs need their rabies shots? General Dog Discussions
      My dog just had hers last year, but we got a reminder from the vet that she needs another oneMy other dog only gets one every 3 years.So i'm confused, how often do dogs need their rabies shot?

How often dog dogs need their rabies shots? General Dog Discussions
    • It depends on the kind of shot. Some last three years without a booster and others need a new one every year. If you're confused about when your dogs are due then you need to call and talk to your vet.

• See if you can find a homeopathic vet that will do blood tests(titer tests). She likely won't really need another one. Many areas will accept titer tests as proof of vaccination, as will most groomers, kennels, etc.More and more studies are showing that dogs really don't need booster shots.

• Puppies are given a 1 year rabies shot. Then it depends on the laws for each state. So by law, it's either 1 or 3 years. However if you want to know whether a dog really needs it or not, Dr. Jean Dodds research shows rabies vaccine is good for 7+ years. You can get titers to reveal this, but they don't matter to the law unfortunately. A group of vets and researchers, as well as responsible pet owners, are working to try to get the law changed to at least 5 years.http://aimees-law.blogspot.com/

• The first Rabies vaccination is usually given at 16 weeks. The next one, is one year later, and then every three years after that. If your Vet tells you need one every year, he is full of it. A one year Rabies vaccination is the exactly the same as a 3 year.

• Rabies vaccines are usually controlled by the state or county because the disease is considered a public health concern. Most states require the vaccine every three years after the first, one-year, vaccination.