What is a good alternative to aspen bedding for a cornsnake?

I can no longer use the aspen bedding for my corn snake. It turns out my cat is allergic to it. What are some good alternatives to aspen bedding?Will repti-carpet work well on its own? I am using both that and the aspen so the snake can burrow in it.

I can no longer use the aspen bedding for my corn snake. It turns out my cat is allergic to it. What are some good alternatives to aspen bedding?Will repti-carpet work well on its own? I am using both that and the aspen so the snake can burrow in it....
    Other Pet Discussions : What is a good alternative to aspen bedding for a cornsnake?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What is a good alternative to aspen bedding for a cornsnake?

What is a good alternative to aspen bedding for a cornsnake? Other Pet Discussions
      I can no longer use the aspen bedding for my corn snake. It turns out my cat is allergic to it. What are some good alternatives to aspen bedding?Will repti-carpet work well on its own? I am using both that and the aspen so the snake can burrow in it.

What is a good alternative to aspen bedding for a cornsnake? Other Pet Discussions
    • CareFRESH, manufactured from 100% wood pulp fiber, is a light weight, fluffy bedding. The Ultra version makes a great bedding; it is not very dusty (less so than original CareFresh) and it is very absorbent and soft. CareFresh Ultra is also more attractive than its original grey counterpart (Ultra is white but can also be found in colorful versions too). It is quite expensive but is my favorite pet bedding.

• A recycled paper bedding would be a good alternative. You can find it in the reptile and/or the small mammal section of the pet store. I would not recommend cedar shavings as they can cause lots of upper respiratory issues with reptiles. You could also try a coco bark substrate like forest bed.

• care fresh would work great. your snake will still be able to burrow in the substrate. i personally don't like repti-carpet for any snakes espically ones that like to burrow. good luck.

• I use news paper and all the other people I know that own and breed snakes do too..its cheap and easy to clean up you just take it out throw it away and put a new piece in there