Why are some dogs scared of thunderstorms?

My dog acts like a wuzz when it's thunderstorming. I think it's funny, Is it it's personality or all dogs are pretty much the same?Give me a break guys! I just think my dog is cute when he is scared! BTW thanks for all your honest answers and concerns…

My dog acts like a wuzz when it's thunderstorming. I think it's funny, Is it it's personality or all dogs are pretty much the same?Give me a break guys! I just think my dog is cute when he is scared! BTW thanks for all your honest answers and concerns…...
    General Dog Discussions : Why are some dogs scared of thunderstorms?...

• Why are some dogs scared of thunderstorms?

Why are some dogs scared of thunderstorms? General Dog Discussions
      My dog acts like a wuzz when it's thunderstorming. I think it's funny, Is it it's personality or all dogs are pretty much the same?Give me a break guys! I just think my dog is cute when he is scared! BTW thanks for all your honest answers and concerns for my dog's feelings!

Why are some dogs scared of thunderstorms? General Dog Discussions
    • Well is something that scares you funny? This genuinely frightens alot of dogs. Its usually related to the loud booming of thunder. Many dogs are prone to anxiety and things like fireworks, and thunder can make them very uneasy. They aren't able to sit there and be logical and say 'okay this is a thunderstorm, it isn't sunny like usual, this is apart of mother nature' They don't know. If you truly didn't know or understand something, yet you knew it was out of the ordinary and it scared you, that isn't funny..it is a genuine feeling for them.

• Your dog is not acting like a 'wuzz'. It is acting in response to an emotion that all beings feel called fear.Thunderstorms are loud and scary. To a human who understands what is happening it may be considered something that you shouldn't be afraid of. However a dog does not know what is happening, they do not understand why is happening, and they feel fear because of it.Thunderstorms can also trigger bad memories from their past that scared them. Suppose your dog was once shot. The loud noise of the thunderstorm would remind them of the sound of the gun, and just as a human would they would feel anxious and afraid. There is nothing funny to be seen in an animals fear.

• Poorly bred dogs have weak nerves and are frightened by storms or gunshots and esp if they are outside dogs even if only outside during the day. None of my dogs have ever been gunshy or thunder shy.

• Hello,Some dogs are just scared of storms. I'm sure you're scared of some things, aren't you? I don't find it funny at all. :| The thunder, with it's loud boom, scares dogs. Lightning, the flash scares them. And even the sound of rain scares them. Yes, it is their personality. And please remember, everyone is scared of something, so it's really not that funny.