What are some home remedies for cats that were bathed in flea shampoos containing pesticides?

I washed my cat in Hartz Ultraguard flea and tick shampoo and she developed sores on her chin and the on the sides of her mouth. i was told by the vet that the shampoo contains pesticides that may harm the skin. How could i fix this without spending a…

What are some home remedies for cats that were bathed in flea shampoos containing pesticides?

I washed my cat in Hartz Ultraguard flea and tick shampoo and she developed sores on her chin and the on the sides of her mouth. i was told by the vet that the shampoo contains pesticides that may harm the skin. How could i fix this without spending a…...
    Other Pet Discussions : What are some home remedies for cats that were bathed in flea shampoos containing pesticides?...

• What are some home remedies for cats that were bathed in flea shampoos containing pesticides?

What are some home remedies for cats that were bathed in flea shampoos containing pesticides? Other Pet Discussions
      I washed my cat in Hartz Ultraguard flea and tick shampoo and she developed sores on her chin and the on the sides of her mouth. i was told by the vet that the shampoo contains pesticides that may harm the skin. How could i fix this without spending a lot of money?Or should i just let the vet fix it?no funny or bothersome answers be serious everyonethe vetrinarian center i took her to was an emergency vet and could't afford the after hours service.i plan on taking her this upcoming week.

What are some home remedies for cats that were bathed in flea shampoos containing pesticides? Other Pet Discussions
    • If the vet gave you the diagnosis didn't he follow through with a treatment? Do what the vet suggests. You've tried the "cheap" method and it made your cat sick, so now is the time to do the right thing. Seek the treatment of your vet.

• just let the vet fix it.. i am not sure there is anything safe that you could put on an open sore caused by chemical burns... maybe you could google things for "babies and chemical burns" and use items listed there but you may only end up making it worse. never use Hartz brand items - this company is AWFUL and this just adds to the horror stories i am always hearing about them! :(

• It is a good idea that you are taking your cat in to be seen by the Vet. Hartz is a horrible product! I have heard multiple stories of people using it and there cats having seizures and dieing...there is a reason why it is so cheap. Like the old saying goes, you get what you pay for =/Until you get your cat in to be seen I would suggest you keep the site(s) clean with warm water and apply Neosporin (this in not harmful in anyway) and possibly if your cat will tolerate it, bathe it again in plain water to remove whatever residue is still there from the Hartz product (you don’t want your cat licking and ingesting any of this)I hope this helps answer your question and that your furry friend is given a clean bill of health by your Vet.

• I am so sorry about your kitty. But this is EXACTLY why no one but vets should be permitted to sell flea treatments. It's a poison, a pesticide and people are always looking for the cheapest way to treat the problem. They don't understand the dangers and then this is what they end up with, a sick cat that cost them more at the ER vet than the original flea treatment from the vet would have cost them. Your cats sores should heal on their own. You can try dabbing them with a natural aloe (the edible kind), it works like neosporin but will not harm your cat if they lick it since it's around her mouth and face.