What will happen if you bring in a female dog to a household with two male dogs ?

I am planning to buy a female dog. Will the 2 male dogs fight if I do so ?

What will happen if you bring in a female dog to a household with two male dogs ?

I am planning to buy a female dog. Will the 2 male dogs fight if I do so ?...
    General Dog Discussions : What will happen if you bring in a female dog to a household with two male dogs ?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What will happen if you bring in a female dog to a household with two male dogs ?

What will happen if you bring in a female dog to a household with two male dogs ? General Dog Discussions
      I am planning to buy a female dog. Will the 2 male dogs fight if I do so ?

What will happen if you bring in a female dog to a household with two male dogs ? General Dog Discussions
    • If she is spayed, nothing will happen. One dog will be dominant over the other two. The only fights will be dominance issues. If she is not spayed, there is potentially fighting when she comes in season if the two males haven't established who's dominant. In a pack, there is only one mating male and female. This applies still to domestic animals.

• Temperament has a lot to do with what the outcome will be and also whether the female is spayed or not.The female may be a bit overwhelmed at two male dogs being attentive to her for a while. If the two males get on well though it should not cause any problems between them. If the female has a Dominant nature, she may take over as leader eventually. I had two intact males and a spayed female living in harmony a few years ago, One Dominant male, the other male submissive and a laid back fairly submissive female. As I said , its all down to pack hierarchy and temperaments that are compatible as to whether fighting takes place. There could even be fights between the female and a male if temperaments clash. It`s a myth that a male dog will not fight a female dog. My Dominant male does not let any female dog dominate him and "will" fight her and put her on her back, but does not "bite" unless really provoked.So do be careful and supervise the dogs until you are sure they all getting along. Jmo.I do hope the female you are getting is spayed or your dogs are neutered ? 2 intact males "may" fight over a female dog in heat. Also I`m sure you don`t want sub standard puppies arriving.?