Is it possible for dogs to be allergic to cats?

my youngest dog is starting to have bald patches on her paws, and i know it's allergies, but i can't figure out where it's coming from. i got a kitten 3 months ago.

my youngest dog is starting to have bald patches on her paws, and i know it's allergies, but i can't figure out where it's coming from. i got a kitten 3 months ago....
    Other Pet Discussions : Is it possible for dogs to be allergic to cats?...

• Is it possible for dogs to be allergic to cats?

Is it possible for dogs to be allergic to cats? Other Pet Discussions
      my youngest dog is starting to have bald patches on her paws, and i know it's allergies, but i can't figure out where it's coming from. i got a kitten 3 months ago.

Is it possible for dogs to be allergic to cats? Other Pet Discussions
    • Yes it is possible. Cats have dander that is different from dogs. Dogs are not immune to allergies!I have never heard of a dog that is allergic to cats, but its not impossible.

• Possible - yesLikely - noCats and dogs have different skin and dander. I have never personally known a dog who is allergic to a cat (or vice versa) but it is NOT impossible.Out of curiosity....why do you ask??? Do you have a dog showing allergy symptoms or was it just for info....Dogs' allergies usually are either food related or "seasonal" (just like "hay fever" in humans).

• Yes. At work we pulled blood and did any allergy titer test on a blk lab who among other things was allergic to cat dander. Of course more common is flea allergic dermatitis, but can also be allergic to grass,trees and even dust mites, the list is unlimited. Only about 10% of the time is it food allergy. Good luck