How do you stop dogs from digging?

I swear my dogs are trying to dig a hole to get to the dogs next door. What am I gonna do?

I swear my dogs are trying to dig a hole to get to the dogs next door. What am I gonna do?...
    General Dog Discussions : How do you stop dogs from digging?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How do you stop dogs from digging?

How do you stop dogs from digging? General Dog Discussions
      I swear my dogs are trying to dig a hole to get to the dogs next door. What am I gonna do?

How do you stop dogs from digging? General Dog Discussions
    • I have the same problem - only my dog is trying to dig to the bunnies next door! My vet said to fill the holes in the "preferred digging area" with the dogs' poop and they'll stop digging there.It sounds so gross, but it has worked in my yard...

• Don't let the dogs outside unsupervised. That keeps them from digging like that, it keeps people from potentially stealing them, it deters them from jumping the fence, or a stray animal jumping your fence and attacking them, etc.

• put mouse traps in the hole and cover them up with paper towels when you hear the traps go off yell no as loud as you can the dogs will think the ground is biting them and eventually stop digging

• when i catch my dogs diging i scold them and say no several times then go fill up the hole and tell them not to dig as im doing it. after doing this for the last week they have been pretty good. i couldn't see my 12 lb poochi except for his tail so i new it was time to put a stop to it. keep a close watch and make sure they know u are not pleased when they dig and scold themm soundly and hopefully like my 2 they will behave. good luck

• Get a fur saver choke collars or prong collars and let them drag a leash outside (cut the leash short so they don't get tangled in it, but long enough to get a good grip on it, you've now turned a leash into what is called a "pull tab"). When they dig and bark trying to get to the dogs next door give them a stiff leash correction and say "NO". Obviously you have multiple dogs and obviously you should only correct the ones who participated. Be consistent until they respect the new boundary you've put on them.

• The only way to stop the digging is to fill the hole with his poop and then cover it with dirt. This was the only way that I could get my dog to stop digging, granted she finds another spot but not near the holes filled with poop. That may be your best bet to fill holes along your fence line with dogs poop because you don't want them getting next door. My brothers dog just got attacked by 2 dogs that have lived next door for 7 years and now he is having a hard time wanting to go out and use the doggie door, my point is you never know and it's best to be sure they don't get to the other dogs even if they do get along.