What are some good treats to give to young puppies?

Hi I'm getting a 8week old puppy soon and would like to know what kind of healthy treats I can use.I have bought some puppy biscuits, is their other foods I could use as well? Thanks.

Hi I'm getting a 8week old puppy soon and would like to know what kind of healthy treats I can use.I have bought some puppy biscuits, is their other foods I could use as well? Thanks....
    Other Pet Discussions : What are some good treats to give to young puppies?...

• What are some good treats to give to young puppies?

What are some good treats to give to young puppies? Other Pet Discussions
      Hi I'm getting a 8week old puppy soon and would like to know what kind of healthy treats I can use.I have bought some puppy biscuits, is their other foods I could use as well? Thanks.

What are some good treats to give to young puppies? Other Pet Discussions
    • Pigs earsRoo tailsDentistix Smackoos puppyPig trottersRaw bones CarobLiver treatsThese are great for healthy teeth as they rub plaque off and also take a while to eat making a great boredom buster My dog ate all of these things when she was a pup and still eats them now :) You can buy these from grocery store or at a pet shop

• Raw carrots are good and keep puppies amused for a while. But to be honest, I'd restrict food treats to a minimum at least to begin with. You need a puppy to eat up his normal food, at regular mealtimes, and if he snacks, he won't. And at 8 weeks, he's still very young so unusual treat-food could well upset his system. Get him toys by all means, and Nylabones are good, but personally apart from good quality puppy biscuits, I'd stay away from too much food-treating.ps Obviously as he grows up a little, you can introduce things like pigs ears, bones etc. but not at 8 weeks.

• please do not give your new pup chocolate! chocolate can be toxic to dogs and can be fatal. There are a lot of puppy treat available at the pet stores that you can use, especially as a training aid. liver treats are generally quite healthy and pups usually love them. I agree that you shouldnt introduce too much new "foods" to them though, as young puppies can have a very sensitive gut and could develop diarrhea easily.

• I have always gave my dog Wellness Wellbites, Wellness Wellbars, and Nature's Variety Instinct freeze dried raw for treats. Plus on hot days she gets Nature's Variety Instinct ice cream treats peanut butter and honey flavor. These are some of the healthiest treats I know of and my dog absolutely goes crazy for them.