What can you do about a neighbors dogs that are mean?

My neighbor has ten dogs and they have been known to jump on other dogs and kill them. My dogs are in their own yard and their dogs come in this yard and of course my dogs want to run them out of their yard. What can I do? My neighbor just says his dogs…

My neighbor has ten dogs and they have been known to jump on other dogs and kill them. My dogs are in their own yard and their dogs come in this yard and of course my dogs want to run them out of their yard. What can I do? My neighbor just says his dogs…...
    General Dog Discussions : What can you do about a neighbors dogs that are mean?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What can you do about a neighbors dogs that are mean?

What can you do about a neighbors dogs that are mean? General Dog Discussions
      My neighbor has ten dogs and they have been known to jump on other dogs and kill them. My dogs are in their own yard and their dogs come in this yard and of course my dogs want to run them out of their yard. What can I do? My neighbor just says his dogs are good dogs!I live in the country no limits

What can you do about a neighbors dogs that are mean? General Dog Discussions
    • IMMEDIATELY get in touch with Animal Control!! If they do not respond, call the Sherriff and explain your dilemma.And, do you have a lawyer??? Get advice.Because if they can kill your dogs, they can also kill you - OR a child or even an adult man or woman that happens to be walking by.TEN dogs can inflict some HORRIBLE damage.

• Wow 10 dogs is alot of dogs! I suggest putting up a very good fence that they will not be able to get over. Maybe an 8 footer. They make those vinyl fences that are really nice and I wouldn't think they could get over a 8 foot vinyl fence.

• First, I would contact your local animal control if you live in city limits. If you don't, which I kind of suspect since they have SO many loose dogs, contact the police. They can advise you what your legal options are. In most rural places, a dog on your property and destroying your property does entitle you to some action. If those dogs are messing with or attacking your dogs, you should definitely have some rights. Once you understand your rights, I would try to talk with the neighbor about your concerns and what your legal options are. Then, express how you don't want to have to take legal action, but you will if the dogs continue to threaten you and your dogs on your property. Most people are pretty reasonable. Suggest they build a fence or restrain their dogs. Also, you may contact a local rescue center. They may want to remove the dogs if there is a problem. Most rescue groups don't like the idea of someone having that many dogs because they don't believe that one person can take care of them all correctly.

• well it sounds like you have already talked to your neighbor about it,that didn't help some owners just cant get the concept that just because their dogs are good with them and their pets that doesn't mean they are good with everyone else,we have a guy in the neighborhood who is like that i hate walking by that place,your only solution is to call local animal control and put in a complaint and get a stronger fence for you and your pets safety,your neighbor will hate you for calling ACO and complaining but hey it's better than having one of your dogs killed or a human,if you really want to do something about this maybe get a petition going with the other neighbors who are also being terrorized before calling ACO so you have something to back up your complaint,obviously something has to be done

• Most counties and cities have a dog limit per household, call the animal control or the police( non emergency number) and ask them if there is an animal limit in your city explain to them they are not staying in their own yard.

• Check to see if you have a county animal control officer. If not call your local sheriff dept every single time these dogs get out. It may take time but enough visits from them and your neighbor will have to keep his dogs confined. It is a pet owners responsibility to keep their pets from being a nuisance to other people.

• well, I know this is going to sound cruel, and believe me I'm an animal lover, but if my neighbors mean dog comes into my yard and attacks my dog or kids, ect I was told I have the right to shoot it! Two years ago we had this happen, and the hubby had a shovel in hand and was ready to give it a whack but the neighbor finally got in under control. Needless to say it had to be put down for being vicious.