What are symptoms of a cat losing its sight?

My cat has started missing when he jumps from one thing to another, i.e. from a chair to a desk or something like that. Is he losing his sight? Does the vet have the ability to test this?

My cat has started missing when he jumps from one thing to another, i.e. from a chair to a desk or something like that. Is he losing his sight? Does the vet have the ability to test this?...
    Other Pet Discussions : What are symptoms of a cat losing its sight?...

• What are symptoms of a cat losing its sight?

What are symptoms of a cat losing its sight? Other Pet Discussions
      My cat has started missing when he jumps from one thing to another, i.e. from a chair to a desk or something like that. Is he losing his sight? Does the vet have the ability to test this?

What are symptoms of a cat losing its sight? Other Pet Discussions
    • It may not be that your cat is losing their sight, but if he is missing jumps from one thing to the next it could be that his motor skills aren't coordinating well instead due to some other problem with muscles or his brain. A vet can help you test these things to be absolutely certain, but don't expect your cat to read an eye chart. ;)

• I have never had a pet cat with that problem, but I did have a few dogs that lost eye sight, the vet was able to determine that my dogs had cateracts from looking into the eye with a magnified light. It looks like a white film over the lenses covering the pupil area, now for cats, I have no idea, but you do need to see the vet, missing in jumping could cause more pain or injuries from whatever it falls into.