Why is there a difference between wild and domestic animals?

They can all be domestic right? And they can all be wild. I mean dogs would be vicious wolf-like creatures if it wasn't for a someone going up to them and showing them we're their friend. And you can gain the trust and friendship of any animal with…

They can all be domestic right? And they can all be wild. I mean dogs would be vicious wolf-like creatures if it wasn't for a someone going up to them and showing them we're their friend. And you can gain the trust and friendship of any animal with…...
    Other Pet Discussions : Why is there a difference between wild and domestic animals?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Why is there a difference between wild and domestic animals?

Why is there a difference between wild and domestic animals? Other Pet Discussions
      They can all be domestic right? And they can all be wild. I mean dogs would be vicious wolf-like creatures if it wasn't for a someone going up to them and showing them we're their friend. And you can gain the trust and friendship of any animal with enough work.

Why is there a difference between wild and domestic animals? Other Pet Discussions
    • over centuries.I have a bird, she's not a pet. I never treat her the way I would a cat or dog, I understand that she still has a wild nature, and I respect that about her. I understand that at any point she could show her wild side, and bite me, or do any sort of wild behavior. She's not trained, she's conditioned. I showed her the behavior I liked, and the reward, and she decides if she wishes to listen.VERY different than a dog that's had years to be domesticated, and perfected, bred for temperament, and tamed down, who you can expect to do something reliably, with training.