What is your opion on dogs wearing shoes?

What do you think about dogs with footwear? Do you think dogs should be given galoshes to protect their footwear? Do you think dogs should wear footwear at all? Do you think dog footwear for fasion purposes is acceptable? What about dog footwear for…

What do you think about dogs with footwear? Do you think dogs should be given galoshes to protect their footwear? Do you think dogs should wear footwear at all? Do you think dog footwear for fasion purposes is acceptable? What about dog footwear for…...
    General Dog Discussions : What is your opion on dogs wearing shoes?...

• What is your opion on dogs wearing shoes?

What is your opion on dogs wearing shoes? General Dog Discussions
      What do you think about dogs with footwear? Do you think dogs should be given galoshes to protect their footwear? Do you think dogs should wear footwear at all? Do you think dog footwear for fasion purposes is acceptable? What about dog footwear for medical purposes?

What is your opion on dogs wearing shoes? General Dog Discussions
    • I dont think so because we alreaddy treat dogs like humans they live inside we cook thier food or buy it and they wear clothes (some do) its just freaky seeing a dog that is fully clothed and possibly more fashionable than you

• Not for fashion ever.However, on cold winter days, shoes can help prevent frostbite on the delicate pads on a dog's feet. Don't get me wrong, some dogs are equipped for winter, but some aren't. A chihuahua, for example, would easily get frostbitten from snowy sidewalks while a bigger dog like a husky probably won't.

• When it snows I put booties on my dogs just because my yorkie has the tendency to get snow stuck between her paws. I thought it will make her more comfortable while we are out in the snow. I think she looks dumb when she has them on so it is NOT a fashion statement. People who think that looks good are weird to me.

• Fashion purposes? Hell no.My Chihuahua will NOT walk outside if the ground is freezing cold so I do put booties on her that have rubber bottoms. I also use them in the summer seeing as it gets over 100 degrees here and there are so many incidents of dogs with burnt paws because their owner walked them in the 112 degree weather. Common sense the cement is scorching hot...

• Dogs do not want, need or value the same things as a human, and the only reason to put fashion footwear on a dog is to please the owner, not benefit a dog that would have its range of movement impeded for no good reason other than "it looks cute". Following an operation, lacerated paw/hock or to prevent injuring when exercising/working a dog, then yes because it a boot has a functional purpose and was designed to restrict a dog's natural movement as little as possible.