What is a safe amount for my 10 month pitbull to run?

He is about 10 months, and I heard that you shouldn't take them out for long runs until they are 18 months, and that you should gradually increase how much they run. However, when I take him out, he wants to run really fast right away, and its difficult…

He is about 10 months, and I heard that you shouldn't take them out for long runs until they are 18 months, and that you should gradually increase how much they run. However, when I take him out, he wants to run really fast right away, and its difficult…...
    Other Pet Discussions : What is a safe amount for my 10 month pitbull to run?...

• What is a safe amount for my 10 month pitbull to run?

What is a safe amount for my 10 month pitbull to run? Other Pet Discussions
      He is about 10 months, and I heard that you shouldn't take them out for long runs until they are 18 months, and that you should gradually increase how much they run. However, when I take him out, he wants to run really fast right away, and its difficult to just walk him, we have to run with him until he gets tired and starts jogging. He is currently running 2.5 to 3 miles. Is this safe? If not, how much should he run?

What is a safe amount for my 10 month pitbull to run? Other Pet Discussions
    • It should be fine, no matter what kind of dog it is or how old they are they will run if you want them to or not, its exercise, as long as they are getting plenty or water then they are fine. No worries.

• This answer is going to be very controversial.I am the old fashioned kind of person. I still feed my dogs garlic, I still give them turkey, I run them, i don't measure their food. My dog a chow, ate garlic for worms, and infections, weekly. She ate turkey constantly, and never measured her food. She was the best deer dog, and lived to be 19 years old. So I say if your dog wants to run, run it. In my opinion dogs still have their instincts, unlike humans, and if they cannot handle something, they won't do it. So let your dog do what it feels it can. And the pit bull breed is the most loyal, sweet, and protective dog there is. Congrats for choosing this breed, despite their bad rap.