How do I immunize and worm my own puppies?

I have 12 puppies and am interested in saving money. I am a nurse so this should be easy for me to do. Any ideas on where to get the supplies?

I have 12 puppies and am interested in saving money. I am a nurse so this should be easy for me to do. Any ideas on where to get the supplies?...
    Other Pet Discussions : How do I immunize and worm my own puppies?...

• How do I immunize and worm my own puppies?

How do I immunize and worm my own puppies? Other Pet Discussions
      I have 12 puppies and am interested in saving money. I am a nurse so this should be easy for me to do. Any ideas on where to get the supplies?

How do I immunize and worm my own puppies? Other Pet Discussions
    • go to a farm store (tractor supply) ext they have 7 and 8 ways shots you can also get wormer there.they can help you. TO GIVE THE SHOT JUST GIVE IT UNDER THE SKIN ON THE BACK OF THEIR NECK. I HOPE THIS HELPED.

• Most vets have a standard rate for examining a litter of puppies. In my area it is about $30. Your puppies should be examined by a vet and follow his/her recommendations. They will often give a reduced rate (for shots) for a litter or may offer payment options.Puppy Shots: First year shots (3) can be purchased at rural feed stores (go where the people w/horses and cattle go) and some pet stores. Some vets will also sell the shots to an experienced handler. Ask your vet.Wormers: It is very difficult to get rid of some types of worms in puppies and they spread quickly, so I would suggest getting this from your vet. It is not required that they administer, but they have what works the best. Also available at feed stores and pet stores.Rabies Shots: When the time comes, this must be administered by the vet in order to recieve documentation (required in most or all states).

• there are several types of shots and wormers available Talk with your vet regarding the type of shot they recommend ( I took my catalog in to them and asked them to pick what they wanted me to use)The vets still ckeck over all my puppies before they leave, and give me reduced rates since I have already administered the shot and wormings are current. (keep the labels off the shots to put into the puppy folder for verification)For wormers, you ned to start treatment of female halfway thru pregnancy, then along with her puppies starting at 2 weeks, every 2 weeks until they leave. We use Nemex 2You can get both of these at Foster and SmithYes, you can also get shots and wormers at Farm supply stores... if you are in rural area