What should I bring to volunteer at an animal shelter?

Okay, so recently I became a volunteer for a local animal shelter. I've went for the new volunteer training, and now I'm ready to go whenever I have time (obviously within the shelter's hours) as long as I sign in. Since I plan on going a lot, since I…

Okay, so recently I became a volunteer for a local animal shelter. I've went for the new volunteer training, and now I'm ready to go whenever I have time (obviously within the shelter's hours) as long as I sign in. Since I plan on going a lot, since I…...
    Other Pet Discussions : What should I bring to volunteer at an animal shelter?...

• What should I bring to volunteer at an animal shelter?

What should I bring to volunteer at an animal shelter? Other Pet Discussions
      Okay, so recently I became a volunteer for a local animal shelter. I've went for the new volunteer training, and now I'm ready to go whenever I have time (obviously within the shelter's hours) as long as I sign in. Since I plan on going a lot, since I really enjoy it and it is close to home, I was going to keep a bag just for the stuff I want to bring to the shelter. The only thing is I'm not really sure what to put in it. I know I need to bring a hand sanitizer, but is there anything else I should bring? The shelter has everything for animal care, obviously, so nothing like cat/dog brushes and toys, 'cause that would be unnecessary. Do you guys have any idea?

What should I bring to volunteer at an animal shelter? Other Pet Discussions
    • Honestly, you don't really need to bring anything.Maybe some money to eat something (if there is a vending machine there) and a pen if you are going to be working with anything that has you writing stuff.Each shelter is different. My shelter already has hand sanitizers everywhere and they have a water filter so I only bring my phone, some cash and a pen.