What type of food do you feed your dogs?

My dogs at home (3) and my dogs at the shelter (a lot) all eat Natural Balance. I find it very good quality food. What about your dogs?We used to use Science Diet, but some of the dogs have sensitive stomachs, and Natural Balance is all about allergy.

What type of food do you feed your dogs?

My dogs at home (3) and my dogs at the shelter (a lot) all eat Natural Balance. I find it very good quality food. What about your dogs?We used to use Science Diet, but some of the dogs have sensitive stomachs, and Natural Balance is all about allergy....
    General Dog Discussions : What type of food do you feed your dogs?...

• I feed Natura Products, Innova, EVO and California Natrual, and have used Orijen and Canidae. Along with raw food.+All dog foods are not created equal. There is a huge difference in ingredients, quality of ingredients and company standards. When wondering what to get or comparing your current food it is best to do as much research as possible. Your options are a raw diet, which is one of the greatest diets for dogs. To learn more go to www.barfworld.com. Raw really means nothing cooked; meat, bones and organs. This is not to be confused with allowing your dog to eat cooked bones, cooked bones are harmful, raw bones are not. This is the dog’s ancestral diet. If you think a dog should not be eating raw meat, go back and study wolves. Ask yourself what year was dog food made and then how long have dogs been around without our help of over processed dog food and gravy.Another option is kibble and wet food. I think a good choice is both. Feeding Kibble 2x a day 12 hours apart and wet food 2x a week in place of 1 feeding of equal calories is a good balance. When you are looking for a healthy dog food it is important that not only the kibble be high quality but the wet food, treats and chews be high quality as well.Foods to avoid: Pedigree, Beneful, Purina, Iams, Nutro, Alpo, Ol Roy, Mighty Dog, Ceser, Eukanuba, Science Diet, Purina, Royal Canin, Eagle Pack (not to be confused with Eagle Pack Holistic) and of course all grocery store brands i.e. Publix brand dog food, Winn-Dixie brand dog food etc.These foods have low quality ingredients that can cause allergies, diabetes, bloat, overweight, oily skin, excessive and or runny stool and a myriad of other problems. Most of these brands are owned by companies like Del Monte, Proctor and Gamble, Mars and Nestle. Do you really believe that a company like Proctor and Gamble who makes beauty products, household cleaning supplies, baby items, prescription drugs and many others is the best suited company to make quality products for dogs? 50% of Mars is pet food, 45% is unhealthy snacks like candy bars. Does this sound like the best company to make dog food? All of these companies have one thing in common, they have the advertising to make you believe pictures of meat and veggies and healthy dogs running around on the commercials is what you will get. Knowing the truth about what is in these foods is devastating.Quality dog foods: Innova, California Natural, EVO, Karma, Wellness, Wellness Core, Orijen, Canidae, Merricks, Artemis, Taste of the Wild, Nature's Variety, Solid Gold-Barking at the Moon and Timberwolf.Here are several websites to do your own research, which I highly suggest. A lot of questions here about dog’s health problems are a direct result of the food you are feeding. Read the ingredients label on the back, go to the website and see who owns the dog food, look up the ingredients and learn why it is used and what the pros and cons are. Changing to a healthy low grain, no grain dog food will relieve most of your dog aliments and give you a healthier and happier dog.www.naturapet.comwww.dogfoodproject.comwww.dogfoodanalysis.comwww.api4animals.org/facts.php?p=359&more=1www.feedmypet.com/dog-food-comparison.html

• Nutro small bites lamb and rice formula. My dog was very sick as a puppy and this was the only food that she could handle there are no bi-products in it, and it is all natural low in sodium also. I also feed her chicken and green beans!

• We feed what we can reasonably afford and works well for our dogs.That is what I was always taught and it is what has worked well for our dogs.We had them on Canidae and while it's a great food, it was too expensive for us to buy every two weeks.If you can reasonably afford to buy Canidae then by all means buy it, it's a great food.

• I usually use three different kinds, all are of good quality and here they are, IAMS Science Diet Nutro MaxThese products are all found at the pet stores, although I know I have seen IAMS at the grocery stores!All of these have different dog food for the different stages in the dogs development! From Puppy to Adult, for Sensitive Stomach, Senior! So what ever the age of the dog you can find one of these to fit!I give them all to my dogs (the 3 different brands) just for variety, They like variety, and then aways give them the Iam biscuits for treats, along with hot dogs, My animals think----lol hot dogs are to die for--they are so cute!!Also have heard Natural balance is also very good, although haven't tried it yet and maybe next time I will!