Pigs. What is the best temperature to scald a pig after slaughter to ease the removal of hair?

Pigs. What is the best temperature to scald a pig after slaughter to ease the removal of hair?I am killing a pig for Christmas to cook on the spit roaster. I am unsure what is the ideal temperature (and proceedure) to 'scald' the pig after death to…

Pigs. What is the best temperature to scald a pig after slaughter to ease the removal of hair?

Pigs. What is the best temperature to scald a pig after slaughter to ease the removal of hair?I am killing a pig for Christmas to cook on the spit roaster. I am unsure what is the ideal temperature (and proceedure) to 'scald' the pig after death to…...
    Other Pet Discussions : Pigs. What is the best temperature to scald a pig after slaughter to ease the removal of hair?...

• Pigs. What is the best temperature to scald a pig after slaughter to ease the removal of hair?

Pigs. What is the best temperature to scald a pig after slaughter to ease the removal of hair? Other Pet Discussions
      Pigs. What is the best temperature to scald a pig after slaughter to ease the removal of hair?I am killing a pig for Christmas to cook on the spit roaster. I am unsure what is the ideal temperature (and proceedure) to 'scald' the pig after death to remove it's hair. It is a black pig so the 'pigment' will have to be removed also. Les Australia.

Pigs. What is the best temperature to scald a pig after slaughter to ease the removal of hair? Other Pet Discussions
    • 150-155FScraping is real work if you scald right and impossible if you don't. Hotter is not better.Um - I don't think you are going to get the pigment out - it is in there pretty tight...