How can I convince my parents to get me a dog?

I'm very responible and keep up my grades. I said that I'd use my allowance $ to buy food and stuff. I said that I'll love it like a brother. I really want this!! Any advice?(I'm 13 going on 14)

I'm very responible and keep up my grades. I said that I'd use my allowance $ to buy food and stuff. I said that I'll love it like a brother. I really want this!! Any advice?(I'm 13 going on 14)...
    Other Pet Discussions : How can I convince my parents to get me a dog?...

• How can I convince my parents to get me a dog?

How can I convince my parents to get me a dog? Other Pet Discussions
      I'm very responible and keep up my grades. I said that I'd use my allowance $ to buy food and stuff. I said that I'll love it like a brother. I really want this!! Any advice?(I'm 13 going on 14)

How can I convince my parents to get me a dog? Other Pet Discussions
    • show them that you are responsible, and go price dog food and show them that you understand how much it will take to feed the dog, show them that you have put a lot of thought into it and not just whining for a dog, and they should see that you are serious

• Make sure you have a place to put it and plenty of time to spend with it. Also, I don't know how old you are, so maybe they're waiting til you get a little older, that's what my parents did. Other than that, just keep at 'em, and hope for the best! ;)

• Do u know how much money is involved?...First you have to buy it which can be between $300-700Then you need to get all of there first shots which can be any where from $75-$150...Then you need stuff like dog bowls, a leash, a collar thats another $40-100Then you have to feed your dog which is about $15 every other week...Then you have to groom your dog about every 5months which can be between $20-50Then they need spayed or fixed that can be between $60-200Then you have to get yearly shots which can be up to $150-200...Then if you go on a vacation...that can be up to $20 a DAY!!!...All of that is NOT including spoiling them with treats, clothes, extra collars, toys or whatever else you decide to get them!So make sure you are TRULY ready because I believe your mom is thinking that all of these responsibiltys are going to be passed onto her. There is a lot more to owning a dog than loving on them, spoiling them, and taking them on walks....Make sure you are TRULY ready!!!!...there is no reason to get a dog and then turn around and have to get rid of it...its NOT FAR to the dog!!!!!!!! THINK ABOUT IT!:)We are talking thousands of dollars!!!