What would a female cat look like if she were pregnant with 25 to 30 kittens?

I just want to know because a friend's cat gave birth to 13 kittens and the cat's abdomon was very wide and quite low.

I just want to know because a friend's cat gave birth to 13 kittens and the cat's abdomon was very wide and quite low....
    Other Pet Discussions : What would a female cat look like if she were pregnant with 25 to 30 kittens?...

• What would a female cat look like if she were pregnant with 25 to 30 kittens?

What would a female cat look like if she were pregnant with 25 to 30 kittens? Other Pet Discussions
      I just want to know because a friend's cat gave birth to 13 kittens and the cat's abdomon was very wide and quite low.

What would a female cat look like if she were pregnant with 25 to 30 kittens? Other Pet Discussions
    • Cat would obviously be huge & it could potentially kill her but even if 25-30 eggs were fertilized nature takes care of it by not allowing all to develop. the other cells are just reabsorbed by the mother cat's body. Even a litter of 13 kittens is very, very uncommon. With 13 kittens your friend will almost certainly have to supplement with bottle feeding kitten formula. Even if the queen is trying her best to take care of them this is probably just too many for her to feed, there is both the risk the kittens will not get enough milk and that the queen could get very run down and could even end up needing to be hospitalized. She will need to be fed a LOT including at least half canned food to help avoid dehydration from nursing so much. They can leave dry kitten food out for her and then feed about 4 meals of canned food a day. And of course have fresh water available. If they have some kind of a scale that weighs in grams or ounces, like a baby scale, postage scale etc., it would be a VERY good idea to weigh those kittens daily at about the same time and make sure they're gaining about 10-20 grams a day. Really the best would be if they could get some kittens fostered by other mother cats who have small litters. I sure hope your friend will have the kindness and good sense to get this poor cat spayed after this ! (when the kittens are about 8 wks old)

• Sorry but your friend is LYING to you. The average kitten litter is only around three to five. Your friend is full of it.And to answer your question - it wouldn't look like anything because it isn't possible.How old are you asking a question like this? Ten?