About how long does it take to potty train a 6 month old puppy?

We are picking up our puppy tomorrow from his foster home, and I'm just wondering about how long will it take to potty train him. They said he is still squatting when he urinates, indicating that he's pretty young. He is a Yellow Lab mix. Also, he isn't…

We are picking up our puppy tomorrow from his foster home, and I'm just wondering about how long will it take to potty train him. They said he is still squatting when he urinates, indicating that he's pretty young. He is a Yellow Lab mix. Also, he isn't…...
    Other Pet Discussions : About how long does it take to potty train a 6 month old puppy?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• About how long does it take to potty train a 6 month old puppy?

About how long does it take to potty train a 6 month old puppy? Other Pet Discussions
      We are picking up our puppy tomorrow from his foster home, and I'm just wondering about how long will it take to potty train him. They said he is still squatting when he urinates, indicating that he's pretty young. He is a Yellow Lab mix. Also, he isn't fixed yet, we have to take him in next week for his surgery.

About how long does it take to potty train a 6 month old puppy? Other Pet Discussions
    • depends how hard you train him. When he goes on the carpet you have to hit him and tell him NO! When he goes outside you have to give him a treat and say "Pottie" or "Outside" Or whatever you want to call going to the bathroom. It will take a few months but once he or she learns it will stick I promice.

• If he is smart, and YOU are consistent, it should take 1 to 2 weeks. You have to be VERY alert and keep at it. Praise him when he does right, and offer treats. Good luck!

• That depends on how good you are at it. I would avoid newspaper training unless you are not home much, than that would be a last resort. We papertrained my first dog and it took much longer than it would have it we went straight to pushing its nose in its doodoo and taking it outside.