What should I do with a kitten that was lost and I found near my place of work?

I checked with one of the neighbor's already, the problem is there is only two houses in the immediate area.We think that the kitten is about 6 mths or less, not too sure on the exact age though.

I checked with one of the neighbor's already, the problem is there is only two houses in the immediate area.We think that the kitten is about 6 mths or less, not too sure on the exact age though....
    Other Pet Discussions : What should I do with a kitten that was lost and I found near my place of work?...

• What should I do with a kitten that was lost and I found near my place of work?

What should I do with a kitten that was lost and I found near my place of work? Other Pet Discussions
      I checked with one of the neighbor's already, the problem is there is only two houses in the immediate area.We think that the kitten is about 6 mths or less, not too sure on the exact age though.

What should I do with a kitten that was lost and I found near my place of work? Other Pet Discussions
    • First of all how old is the kitten you should really find it shelter, take it home if you can or call your aspca or shelter. Feed the kitten depending how old it is, you need to be more specific if you want the best help.

• contact your local shelter and hand it in. i found a kitten last week and flea and worm treated it bathed it and fed it and i found a good home for it so if you have the time do that

• Look after it , it is very good of you to ask what to do andfor help. Also a good thing for you to go and check around.Animals , can sometimes surprise everybody how far theytravel. Just put it in the local papers for lost and found.Also try the week-end newspapers. Or just post a few roughposters around your area......it may belong to someone a few streets away.

• if no one is looking for it and u want a kitten then keep it and give it a good life if u do not want it find it a nice home as every kitten need a nice home not a death sentence as if take it to the pond.

• If possible you could go to the nearest vets or pet rescue centre, they will be able to scan the cat to see if it is microchipped & if it is they will be able to contact the cats owners to let them know that their cat has been found.

• post some FOUND KITTEN posters around and call ALL shelters and vets offices in about a 50 mile radius and tell them that you found this kitten and give a description, call the tv stations and radio stations and tell them about this found kitten. keep feeding and taking care of it make sure to feed it some good quality kitten food like wellness, evo or blue spa and if in a couple of weeks nobody calls to claim him you can keep him yourself.

• First put up posters on your main roads that say: FOUND CAT, PHONE NUMBER, and make sure the letters on the posters are very large and thick. Then place an ad in your newspapers. Guess what? Found ads are free. Also see if you can look in the back issues and current issues for a lost ad. You can also put an ad on www.craigslist.com in the lost and found section, but only as an added place. The majority of people will look in the newspapers. If you take it to the shelters it may be euthanized. See if you can find a rescue league to take it to, if you cannot keep it in the event an owner does not show up. You can go to your local Petco or PetSmart on the weekends to see if the rescue leagues there can take it. But do first put a found ad in the papers so that if someone is looking for it, they have a chance to find it. Not all rescue leagues place ads, so they may place it without finding its owners. It may have also been dumped.