What is the best way to check a dog with long black hair for ticks and fleas?

I have been brushing him daily and trying to feel around for anything unusual but is there a better way? The ticks are awful this year. He's already had his lime disease shot also.

I have been brushing him daily and trying to feel around for anything unusual but is there a better way? The ticks are awful this year. He's already had his lime disease shot also....
    Other Pet Discussions : What is the best way to check a dog with long black hair for ticks and fleas?...

• What is the best way to check a dog with long black hair for ticks and fleas?

What is the best way to check a dog with long black hair for ticks and fleas? Other Pet Discussions
      I have been brushing him daily and trying to feel around for anything unusual but is there a better way? The ticks are awful this year. He's already had his lime disease shot also.

What is the best way to check a dog with long black hair for ticks and fleas? Other Pet Discussions
    • Yeah, I was going to suggest the bath as well.Also, if you just use the top spot or frontline stuff, it works awsome and you won't have to worry about fleas or ticks.

• You can usually feel the ticks unless they are the really tiny ones. The fleas are very difficult to see, except on the belly area. Are you using Frontline or Advantix? Also you should treat your yard with a pesticide designed for that.