When should I start feeding my turtle fish?

My turtle is about 2+ years is my estimate. He's also about 5-6 inches. Would this be a good time for him to start on live fish? I want him to be able to catch them so that the fish aren't in a lot of pain.

My turtle is about 2+ years is my estimate. He's also about 5-6 inches. Would this be a good time for him to start on live fish? I want him to be able to catch them so that the fish aren't in a lot of pain....
    Other Pet Discussions : When should I start feeding my turtle fish?...

• When should I start feeding my turtle fish?

When should I start feeding my turtle fish? Other Pet Discussions
      My turtle is about 2+ years is my estimate. He's also about 5-6 inches. Would this be a good time for him to start on live fish? I want him to be able to catch them so that the fish aren't in a lot of pain.

When should I start feeding my turtle fish? Other Pet Discussions
    • There is really no fixed age to feed ur turtle.....if its small then just cut the fish into smaller pieces so it becomes easier for the turtle to swallow it. If u think its mouth is big enuf to swallow the fish then just go ahead and toss the fish into the tank. Start with smaller fish, practice makes perfect! Its good that ur feeding ur turtle a variety of food cuz they love it.

• He is big enough. Get a small tank and raise guppies to save money. DON'T put him in a community tank. He will eat the prettiest fish first! My girl friend's mom did that and thought people were stealing her fish. He ate one or two a day. We figured it out when we say him eating them.