How hard is it to train a puppy?

My live-in bpyfriend and I are going to get a puppy w/in the next few months, and neither of us has ever had one. Is it hard to housebreak and crate train them?

My live-in bpyfriend and I are going to get a puppy w/in the next few months, and neither of us has ever had one. Is it hard to housebreak and crate train them?...
    Other Pet Discussions : How hard is it to train a puppy?...

• How hard is it to train a puppy?

How hard is it to train a puppy? Other Pet Discussions
      My live-in bpyfriend and I are going to get a puppy w/in the next few months, and neither of us has ever had one. Is it hard to housebreak and crate train them?

How hard is it to train a puppy? Other Pet Discussions
    • It depends how big a ball bat ya got.I mean, not long if you are attentive to the dog, and do a little more research than just asking here.A few months and you can have your puppy on the right path to responsible pethood.Woof.

• It really depends upon the breed, and how much time you are willing to spend training them.Dogbreedinfo.com is a really good site that tells the temperments of different dogs, and which one would be best for you.

• It really depends on how much effort you are willing to put into it. If you keep with it and keep with it. Eventually all will play out. I dont really believe it has anything to do with breed. I had many dogs, lots of chihuahuas some of the most stubborn dogs. I leave them in the crate while I'm gone during the day, and let them come out when I get home. Always keep your eyes on them, so when they are about to have an accident you make a loud noise and say no! Never hit them, its makes them even more afraid.

• It's not hard, if you love dogs. Depending on how quickly the dog picks things up, it can be a very rewarding bonding experience for both you and the dog.Strategies and tips will come and go. Just like parenting, it can be an edgy and trendy science. Some basic concepts to bear in mind, though:1. MAKE SURE that you are in charge. Play tug-of-war, but always win. Turn angry if they start to act up just a bit, and then be happy again when they begin to act appropriately. Dogs are very sensitive and responsive to human emtions. 2. DON'T feel guilty or be afraid to punish. Don't hit the dogs, but don't feel bad about buying a pinch collar, raising a knee if they jump on you (larger dogs), or pushing their face into a little living room floor "accident." They won't be afraid of you, they will alter their behavior to please you. REWARD as much as you punish if not more, so that they know when they are doing something right, as much as wrong.3. MAKE SURE they are paying attention to you. Make your training sessions like a game, but make sure that they are looking at you and listening to you when you are showing them something, or giving them a command. When they respond to the command, then you respond accordingly, with praise or a stern warning "No."It ain't easy, but if I can do it, anybody can. I have a pair of huge German Shepards. Meanest guard dogs you would ever want to meet, but if I or anyone in my family is with them, they are Teddy Bears. Good Luck! You're in charge!!!