How do I see the difference between a 1 year old male and female marmoset monkey?

I have a marmoset monkey who is 1 year old.The people we bought it from said it is female, but I am strongly having doubts right now.And to make it worse, everyone you speak to has something different to say. There are no experts around where I live, so…

How do I see the difference between a 1 year old male and female marmoset monkey?

I have a marmoset monkey who is 1 year old.The people we bought it from said it is female, but I am strongly having doubts right now.And to make it worse, everyone you speak to has something different to say. There are no experts around where I live, so…...
    Other Pet Discussions : How do I see the difference between a 1 year old male and female marmoset monkey?...

• How do I see the difference between a 1 year old male and female marmoset monkey?

How do I see the difference between a 1 year old male and female marmoset monkey? Other Pet Discussions
      I have a marmoset monkey who is 1 year old.The people we bought it from said it is female, but I am strongly having doubts right now.And to make it worse, everyone you speak to has something different to say. There are no experts around where I live, so I would really appreciate it if someone can help.

How do I see the difference between a 1 year old male and female marmoset monkey? Other Pet Discussions
    • You may not really be able to tell for a little while longer. Sexual maturity is reached between 9 to 13 months in the male, and 18 to 24 months in the female so you might have to wait for sexual organs to "drop" in a male before you can tell either way... I used to have Spider monkeys. A veterinarian might be able to help a little better in your area.