How do I get my puppy potty trained?

He is 15 weeks old and he is fighting me for everything he worth. He goes outside then like 5 -10 minutes later he is peeping all over the place.

He is 15 weeks old and he is fighting me for everything he worth. He goes outside then like 5 -10 minutes later he is peeping all over the place....
    Other Pet Discussions : How do I get my puppy potty trained?...

• How do I get my puppy potty trained?

How do I get my puppy potty trained? Other Pet Discussions
      He is 15 weeks old and he is fighting me for everything he worth. He goes outside then like 5 -10 minutes later he is peeping all over the place.

How do I get my puppy potty trained? Other Pet Discussions
    • ok well buy those training mats and then everytime u feed him take him or her outside for at least 30 min. and if u are too scared for it to be alone go outside with it. Trust me it works. It worked with my dog.

• The absolute best way to potty train a puppy (and cut down on destruction) is crate-training. It is extremely effective and also helps to provide the dog with a sense of security. There is a great, detailed resource for this at peteducation.com.

• My sister is the master at housebreaking a puppy. Her rules are the puppy is either outside, in it's kennel or on a leash that she is holding. If the puppy has been going in the house, you need to treat those areas so the dog can't smell the urine. You can find treatments at you pet supply store. Dogs like to go where they've gone before. They don't like to go where they sleep or eat...hence the kennel or a small room. If you keep the dog on a leash while it's in the house, you will be forced to watch him every second and be able to correct him when he starts to go in the house. Another trick is when he goes outside praise him and reward him with small treats like cherrios. Dogs are very good with cause and effect and he should figure this out pretty quickly. Smaller dogs are more difficult because their bladders are smaller and it may take more time.

• all of those are great ways to train ur dog...u also have to punish your dog whenever it goes in the house and reward them when they go outside. Punish them in a way that shows them what they did was wrong and make sure u use the same punishment everytime so they know that whenever they go in the house "this" will happen...my mom used to rub our dog's nose in the pee on the rug...not sure if that's the best way to go about it...use your best judegement...gl!!