When can I start using flea stuff on my puppy?

My puppy is around 9-10 weeks and she has fleas near her ears. I gave her a bath with the medicated flea shampoo for puppies 6 weeks and over but I was wondering when I can start using Advantage/Frontline on her since that will be more effective. Also,…

My puppy is around 9-10 weeks and she has fleas near her ears. I gave her a bath with the medicated flea shampoo for puppies 6 weeks and over but I was wondering when I can start using Advantage/Frontline on her since that will be more effective. Also,…...
    Other Pet Discussions : When can I start using flea stuff on my puppy?...

• When can I start using flea stuff on my puppy?

When can I start using flea stuff on my puppy? Other Pet Discussions
      My puppy is around 9-10 weeks and she has fleas near her ears. I gave her a bath with the medicated flea shampoo for puppies 6 weeks and over but I was wondering when I can start using Advantage/Frontline on her since that will be more effective. Also, which is better? Frontline or Advantage?

When can I start using flea stuff on my puppy? Other Pet Discussions
    • Both are excellent products and can be used on a 9 week old pup. Whichever one you buy, be sure to get the right dose for your pup's current weight. I personally use Frontline Plus on my dogs and Advantage on my cat. No particular reason. Both are good.

• That stuff is poison. I would not use that on any of my dogs. Look online for natural flea reppellant. Also look on the back of those flea shampoo bottles. They all say (DO not have prolonged skin contact. if skin contact rinse with soap and water repeatedly.) If they dont want you to put it on your skin why would you put it on a dogs? my friend had a poodle that he used that stuff on since he was 2 and at 13 his hair started falling out and he ended up with cancer. DONT do it its poison!