How can you tell if a leopard gecko is a male or female?

I own a Leopard Gecko named Kona, he or she is approximately 5 years old. How can you tell if they are female or male?

I own a Leopard Gecko named Kona, he or she is approximately 5 years old. How can you tell if they are female or male?...
    Other Pet Discussions : How can you tell if a leopard gecko is a male or female?...

• How can you tell if a leopard gecko is a male or female?

How can you tell if a leopard gecko is a male or female? Other Pet Discussions
      I own a Leopard Gecko named Kona, he or she is approximately 5 years old. How can you tell if they are female or male?

How can you tell if a leopard gecko is a male or female? Other Pet Discussions
    • You will have to wait until your gecko is at least 6 mos. old in order to be sure, as young male geckos look much like females until they mature. After about 6-7 months, however, you will notice a v-shaped line of pores that are very noticeable on the males, right in front of the vent (where your gecko goes to the bathroom).Also, with males, you will see a more definate bulge in this area, as they have a hemipenis up inside their bodies.Hope this helps!