I have a boy chihuahua that will never be around other dogs, is it good to get him neutered? what the benifit?

Trying to figure out if i should get him neutered or i can make him a stud maybe in the future.

I have a boy chihuahua that will never be around other dogs, is it good to get him neutered? what the benifit?

Trying to figure out if i should get him neutered or i can make him a stud maybe in the future....
    General Dog Discussions : I have a boy chihuahua that will never be around other dogs, is it good to get him neutered? what the benifit?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I have a boy chihuahua that will never be around other dogs, is it good to get him neutered? what the benifit?

I have a boy chihuahua that will never be around other dogs, is it good to get him neutered? what the benifit? General Dog Discussions
      Trying to figure out if i should get him neutered or i can make him a stud maybe in the future.

I have a boy chihuahua that will never be around other dogs, is it good to get him neutered? what the benifit? General Dog Discussions
    • It's up to you, one thing if you do breed him you'll be able to sell puppies and you might get a decnt amount for them. But if you do get him fixed he'll calm down and you won't have to worry about him mating with female by accident.

• Yes, you should neuter him. The number one reason is so his chances of getting testicular cancer are zero, increasing his life expectancy! Other reasons: less likely to run away, less humping, less marking (peeing on things).

• An unneutered male can lead a frustrated life, especially if he is likely to encounter the smell of females on heat. Surely it's better to save him that agony.Males exhibit behaviours which are influenced by testosterone, such as scent marking, roaming away from home to find potential mates, inappropriate sexual behaviour, aggression towards other males, and sometimes rank related aggression within the family which is its substitute pack.Indeed, castration can help prevent the development of some behavioural problems which in addition to the prevention of unwanted litters, is a good reason for the neutering policy adopted by many rescue organisations.Certainly, mating should never be allowed in the hope that relieving the dog's frustrations will cure his behavioural problems. Once he has bitten that particular apple, his machismo and inclination to perform problem behaviours is likely to increase, not decrease.

• I have a male dog and getting him neutered was the best decision that I made. Neutering makes for better behavior and fewer diseases in the long run. Check out www.dogage.com for more information like this...

• Neutering your dog has many benefits. Some of the reasons include:- Helps to give the animal a longer, healthier life. - Neutering can reduce aggression - Eliminates testicular cancer and decreases the chance for prostate disease. It also helps with a few other medical problems. - There is an animal population problem in this country because of irresponsible breeding. Many animals have to be euthanized because of this. Breeding an animal should never be done unless you're a professional. No, you won't make a quick buck:You're more likely to spend three times as much money trying to "breed" your dog for the following reasons:- You have to test for genetic disorders- You have to obtain the proper paperwork and make sure that the dog has a legit championship bloodline.- Medical problems can occur from improper breeding (yes there are tons)- Most people will NOT pay good money to "breed" your dog unless it has the proper medical/veterinary/and championship bloodline. Hope this helps!

• I have a 5 year old Pug and he started getting prostate infections regularly. The vet said it was because I hadnt neutered him and that things were going to get worse if I didnt. I had him neutered last week and he was back to normal in a couple days. The longer yu wait the more expensive and more dangerous the surgery is. Hope this helps. :)

• They make better pets over all when they are neutered. Another benefit is if he hasnt already started lifting his leg to mark his territory then he never will after being neutered. I had my boy chihuahua neutered at 3mths and he is as happy as can be. I also don't have to worry about him peeing all over furniture seeing as how I neutered him before he started lifting his leg. The recovery process was fast too since they now do internal stitches. He spent the day at the vet and once home he was back to eating and running around with his little toys. It really is something to consider.

• It's VERY beneficial. It will reduce his tendancy to search for females in heaet, his need to mark every corner of his territory, and his penchant aggression and dominance. It also eliminates the chances of testicular cancer.

• If you are showing him or are planning on finishing him CH title then you may get something out of him as a stud PROVIDED he passes all of the genetic screening needed for a Chi and there are quite a few for them as they can have considerable health problems.If he is not titled and not going to be have him neutered for his health and to lower his cancer risk. He will be a healthier and happier longer lived pet.

• if you are not showing him NEUTER him,,, it will eliminate testicular cancer etc... taking the sex drive away from an animal that is not going to have sex is doing the dog a huge favor... get it done... there would be no breeding quality female that would be interested in breeding to your pet.

• It is healthier to get them neutered plus they are happier. Health wise is prevents certain cancers and other diseases. They also lose that natural instinct/urge to mate, some unneutered dogs not only become aggressive and territorial towards dogs but humans too. It calms them down alittle, both my males are better dogs since they have been fixed.